Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 01-17-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Don Williams Music

If there is anyone out there that is a Don Williams fan just wanted to let you know I have at least 97% of his songs on my computer. I met a young lady through youtube that lives in Holland and she sent me everything I didn't already own. I was a rock and roll person until one day in 1973 or 1974 and my ex-wife was listening to her country music and I heard the song "Come Early Morning" by Don and I have been a Don Williams and country music fan ever since. Not sure I know how to send anyone any music but if you are interested let me know and I will give it a try. You can just email me if interested.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #2

Don Williams Music

Don Williams is cool; but please be careful sharing copy-righted music -- especially in public.

The fines are subtantial and there are plenty of examples being made of individuals sharing files illegally.

I am sure Audiogroove (Kawanow member who is "in" the business) could speak to this issue with more authority; I would hate to see any trouble arise for you when you are only trying to be helpful and kind.

Just a suggestion.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 01-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Mega-Contributor

Don Williams Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
Don Williams is cool; but please be careful sharing copy-righted music -- especially in public.

The fines are subtantial and there are plenty of examples being made of individuals sharing files illegally.

I am sure Audiogroove (Kawanow member who is "in" the business) could speak to this issue with more authority; I would hate to see any trouble arise for you when you are only trying to be helpful and kind.

Just a suggestion.
Greg is right. The RIAA comes down hard on people who share copyrighted recorded media online. Not something you want to be charged with.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #4

Don Williams Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson

Just a suggestion.
Greg is right. The RIAA comes down hard on people who share copyrighted recorded media online. Not something you want to be charged with.
This is true. A lot of people make their living through intellectual property, and every now and then, they decide to make an example out of someone. I know you mean well, and we sure appreciate your generosity, but take care.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #5

Don Williams Music

Don Williams sure does have a good voice.

We've all lent and album or 8-track to a buddy at one time or another haven't we?

The best thing to come out of the digital file sharing era we're in is that one can get "tuned in" to many different varities of music that one would not normally be exposed to.
Some good, some bad. Personally I'm a big fan of file sharing and have been exposed to many differnt artists because of it.
And it's file share that has me supporting these artists by going to see them at Concerts and Music festivals. Once in a while I'll even pick up a CD. With out it I would have never heard of these people, and ultimately never support them.
For the most part, file sharing is the only way alot of the less known but highly talented artists ever get any exposure outside of their regional area or Country.
Bottom line is if you like the artist, support them so they can continue making the music that moves you.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
Advanced Member

Don Williams Music

You keep dat sh*t up, 'bamaMan, and you gonna be 'In Da Jailhouse Now', singing 'Cant' Touch 'Dis' by MC Hammer!

10-4???

Old 01-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Don Williams Music

Thanks for all the advice guys. Most of his music is so ancient that I don't even know if it is protected anymore. There are only a small handful of his albums that are still available for purchase. But anyway just thought I would let you know. Once again, thanks for your thoughts about my welfare.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181