Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada West Group

Old 06-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
Advanced Member

WHY? WHY? WHY?????

Rain, rain, and more rain.

Stopped raining long enough on the week-end for us to get a total of 856 kilometers on the Nomads, and then the rain come in on Monday. Started to rain quite heavy on Monday night, drizzled all day Tuesday, and came in heavy again Tuesday night. Has been raining quite heavy, and steady since Tuesday night and it's now become a potential flood problem for our house.

We live in a sh*tty hole of a town, with a town council, administration, and crew that knows nothing about drainage and won't take advice from someone who does (Brian has been in the irrigation business for 32 years) so we have been flooded 9 times in 31 years. We don't have a basement, thank God, but we have seen the water coming up over the top of the barrow pit overnight and come into the yard. The house is situated fifty feet from the barrow pit, is 3 feet off the ground, and we have had water right up to the bottom of the floor. And it's almost to the top of the barrow pit this morning. One more day of this and we are going to have a problem.

The Farmers Almanac is forecasting one of the hottest, driest summers on record for Southern Alberta. Don't when that is happening but bring it on, NOW.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #2

WHY? WHY? WHY?????

For us that don't have any clue, whats a barrow pit? I'll keep you in my prayers to stop the rain.
We could use it down here. Near 100 everyday and not a drop in sight at least for the next 10 days.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
WHY? WHY? WHY?????

Yes it has been a wet spring this year. The weather/season changes are or have changed over the last 10 or so years. I'm finding spring doesn't really start till May, instead of April. Now it seems spring is May/June instead of April/May. That only means summer is later and will go a bit further into September/October. Last year it was great weather and I rode almost every day in Oct. Not the norm for here in "the lower mainland", that's for sure.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Advanced Member

WHY? WHY? WHY?????

A barrow pit is a bit wider and deeper than a ditch and a swale is shallower and wider than a ditch.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #5

WHY? WHY? WHY?????

Yup, It's been a real crapper of a year so far,,, CC. Good news is weather dude say's the rain should end Friday. Let's hope so! I feel like going for a scoot this weekend.
Ricky's right; I too have noticed the seasons shifting slightly, Spring is coming later and Fall is lasting a lot longer then it did a few years ago.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
Advanced Member

WHY? WHY? WHY?????

By this time next week we will be in southern Utah soaking up the sun and riding all day.