Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #1

Hard time getting comfortable

Since I added the fairing, I can't get comfortable. Giving up the Phatt II risers and going back to the stock setup with the fairing isn't working. I really like the fairing and would like to find a solution. I have the 1700 handlebar on the bike and it is better but not ideal. I am looking into the mini-apes but I can't tell if that is going to work (matching the Phatt II's with the stock handlebar).

I am leaning toward selling the bike like it is or selling the fairing and then trading or selling the bike for something else. I really like the bike but riding hasn't been the same. How about an arm stretch?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #2

Not wanting to take advantage or your circumstances but if your decision leads you to selling and you would decide to sell the fairing separately...I might be interested.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:18 AM   #3
Advanced Member

These are what I have as risers, they work well with the fairing and brought the bars back just enough.

Actually they are not the Chucksters risers there from the dealer as I didn't know them when I did mine

http://www.chucksterscustoms.com/Gallery/KawHB.aspx

Old 04-30-2011, 07:23 AM   #4

I have the feckless fairing and the Phat II risers, no prolbem with the stereo or anything , I love the setup:)

Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #5

I also have risers on the bike with a Premeux fairing. No problems at all. Why did you remove the risers, perhaps a different style of riser will solve the problem for you.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #6

I tried the X1's and they were in the way of the door to the stereo. If I could find a slimmer cover over the radio or maybe a door that retracted up and over the radio that might work. From what I am finding, it is a crap shoot as to which cover might work.

I thought about replacing the radio with a marine type and ditching the cover. Then the X1's would work. Ring I saw the pic you sent me of the risers you are using and they looked a lot like what Chuckster offers. Do you believe those would work with the cover in place?

Old 04-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #7

Yes , get the Marine radio..thats what I have,with no cover. But watch out some are water proof and some water resistant!!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #8

This is what I had to do. I had the Phat II risers but they contacted my stereo, I had to have pull back risers so it took some experimenting but I came up with this set up.

These work great, and I ended up selling my Phat IIs. The spacers were a temporary set up until I got chrome ones the same dimension as the base of the risers. The risers are Harley Davidson 4 1/2 " pull backs.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager
This is what I had to do. I had the Phat II risers but they contacted my stereo, I had to have pull back risers so it took some experimenting but I came up with this set up.

These work great, and I ended up selling my Phat IIs. The spacers were a temporary set up until I got chrome ones the same dimension as the base of the risers. The risers are Harley Davidson 4 1/2 " pull backs.
Now this is what I am talking about.....this looks interesting. Can you open the radio cover, looks awfully close? I attempted to put my x1's back on tonight. I could open the cover but couldn't even get my finger inside to turn the radio on much less insert the SD card. I was looking at some risers from J&P Cycles that looked a lot like what you have but the spacers are the "key". Did you make your own spacers? Looks like a call to Chuckster! haha

Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
Top Contributor

Voyager. Did you have extend the brake line to use those risers ?

Old 04-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #11

Old 04-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #12

Plenty of room to get the cover off, and when it is off, again plenty of room to remove my ipod and get at all the controls. The spacers are custom made, they are from one of the machine shops I service. Wish I had a better picture to show the clearance with the cover off, sorry.

Red, no I didn't have to extend the brake lines but I did have to reroute them through the back of the tree instead of the front. Plus, reroute the throttle cable as well.