Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-16-2018, 12:05 PM   #1

Ivan and shinko

i was surprised that my front mc2 wore out before the rear .. still have 4/32 left on rear
so for short term fix i got a shinko 77 reinforced for front .. this is a 2010 nomad ... much smoother ride than mc2 and handles well too

ive had the first 2 flashes from ivan for some time now but decided to get #3 while doing tire and waiting to get over carpal tunnel repair ... can see improvement in low speed handleing because throttle is not so sensitive and along with that the exhaust does not smell as rich ... have not been able to check a full tank yet but the mileage meter has reached 47.1 when before it was @ 44 ... have limited opportunities to ride and only 200+ miles after work was done i see a win win situation .... for anyone new to KAW 1700 that hasnt had the flash done dont wait any longer

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-09-2018, 12:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE WILLIE View Post
.... for anyone new to KAW 1700 that hasnt had the flash done dont wait any longer

Yes sir! Get it done. Had mine done back in May '18 and mileage went from 42 to 51mpg. After a bit of riding on very windy days in Kansas I think it's finally settled at around 46-48mpg (I like a bit of twisty throttle hand). I only get to ride 3 weeks a year when I'm home on vacation.

There are many like it... but this one is mine!!
My 2011 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad:
-Ivan's ECU Flash
-Garry's fork brace
-Neutrino Element ECM
-Vizi-Tech SupaBrake 3 brake light modulator
-Ram Mount cell phone holder
-Grasshopper driver back rest

IBA #68409
VBA #3599

Old 09-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #3

When was the last update?

Old 09-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE WILLIE View Post
i was surprised that my front mc2 wore out before the rear .. still have 4/32 left on rear
so for short term fix i got a shinko 77 reinforced for front .. this is a 2010 nomad ... much smoother ride than mc2 and handles well too
My 07 Nomad is the first bike that wore out the front tire before the rear, and it did it on 3 different brands. The MCII are the first ones I have found that even out the wear between front and rear. Now on the second set and I find that I am getting around 18,000 miles per set before I feel like replacing them. I do find that they seem to have a bit less grip in the wet as they get worn, but other than that they really seem to work out for the riding I do.

Yoda
VBA #01311
SCRC Chapter 289
07 Nomad

Old 09-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #5
Advanced Member

My personal pick for Grip in All Weather is the Shinko HD.
sure they may wear out quicker
but I want a comfortable - smooth - *with grip* - ride tire.

only tire I have not tried is the Avon ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads