Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Mega-Contributor

Good vision

Last night, some folks from VROC and I got together for our monthly bike night. One of the members showed up on a brand new Victory Vision, he still owns a V2K, so we allow him to hang with us

He has had the bike for a few weeks and absolutely loves it. He said he gets a consistent 48MPG out of that 106ci engine. He had the Stage 1 exhaust and intake mods added, other than that it's stock. He says the bike is more comfortable than a Goldwing and nearly as quick.

It sure looks like a sweet bike, he said he was kind of on the fence about them until he had the chance to ride one. He went on about a 50 mile test ride and came back to the dealer and bought one for himself.

VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #2

Good vision

Who has it?

I like the Arizona crew. Many times I've wished I were part of that group, wish the whole bunch of you would move to Denver :)

Old 05-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Good vision

'thou shalt not coveteth thy neighbors bike'

shame on you!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
Mega-Contributor

Good vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Who has it?

I like the Arizona crew. Many times I've wished I were part of that group, wish the whole bunch of you would move to Denver :)
Jim Lohman...you know him? I believe he lives up north, in Show Low or Springerville.

I about another month, I'd gladly move to Denver! Actually, if I wasn't so well entrenched here, I'd move to Denver - but the money is too good here and this is where our kids are. My wife might actually like me again if I moved us to Denver She's been mad at me for 9 years for bringing her to this hell-hole. You're always welcome to come down here and hang with us!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Mega-Contributor

Good vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
'thou shalt not coveteth thy neighbors bike'

shame on you!!!
Not coveting, just reporting.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Good vision

ok, I didn't want to have to tell your Nomad you were lusting!!!!

Those are nice bikes. haven't rode one myself. that's a big honkin engine with a 6 speed.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Good vision

I test rode one a month or so ago. The only gripe I have is the brakes. They are linked and mushy, without much feel. Otherwise it is a nice bike. Much better than an HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Last night, some folks from VROC and I got together for our monthly bike night. One of the members showed up on a brand new Victory Vision, he still owns a V2K, so we allow him to hang with us

He has had the bike for a few weeks and absolutely loves it. He said he gets a consistent 48MPG out of that 106ci engine. He had the Stage 1 exhaust and intake mods added, other than that it's stock. He says the bike is more comfortable than a Goldwing and nearly as quick.

It sure looks like a sweet bike, he said he was kind of on the fence about them until he had the chance to ride one. He went on about a 50 mile test ride and came back to the dealer and bought one for himself.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 05-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #8

Good vision

Quote:
Quote:
Who has it?

Jim Lohman...you know him? I believe he lives up north, in Show Low or Springerville.

I about another month, I'd gladly move to Denver! Actually, if I wasn't so well entrenched here, I'd move to Denver - but the money is too good here and this is where our kids are. My wife might actually like me again if I moved us to Denver She's been mad at me for 9 years for bringing her to this hell-hole. You're always welcome to come down here and hang with us!
I've talked to Jim on the phone about cars, but don't really know him. I know Tony D and Jack and Barb. Maybe I'll swing down sometime for your bike night. :)

Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #9

Good vision

I road my friends victory and i must say it was a nice ride. i would not trade up the nomad but man it was nice

Old 05-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #10

Good vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
ok, I didn't want to have to tell your Nomad you were lusting!!!!

Those are nice bikes. haven't rode one myself. that's a big honkin engine with a 6 speed.

::) And they run like a deer. Don't mind admitting if I had the Buckeroos I would have the Kingpin Tour,they have Brembo brakes handle well and Go very very well. I would venture to say a stock Victory would smoke any stock V-twin with the possible exception of the Yamaha Roadliner.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #11

Good vision

What about those VTX's? I heard they're the fast one????? My Classic was fast with the mods done, whereas my Nomad is like your Dad's Oldsmobile. It's what I prefer at this junction of life.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #12

Good vision

ouch the victory price tag!

Old 05-16-2008, 09:46 PM   #13

Good vision

Quote:
Quote:

I've talked to Jim on the phone about cars, but don't really know him. I know Tony D and Jack and Barb. Maybe I'll swing down sometime for your bike night. :)
Dan, if you do...and the planets align...stop and get me on your way down.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 05-17-2008, 05:40 AM   #14
Advanced Member

Good vision

I stopped in the Victory dealer late this past winter and looked at the Victory Vision. I was very impressed with it. I am afraid to take one out for a test ride because then I will have bike-lust without the proper amount of bucks to satisfy it. I was at Lucky's Yamaha to order my Mustang seat and they had put out a 2008 Royal Star Tour DeLuxe. The galaxy-blue paint scheme was stunning to say the least, but because it is not a v-twin I feel safe for the moment.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #15
Mega-Contributor

Good vision

Quote:
Quote:

Good 'ol Tony D - he's kind of the de-facto organizer for our get togethers. I know who Jack and Barb are from the forum, but I don't think I've ever met them. It's kind of an oddball group but they are really good friends to have.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060