Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 12-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #1

1500 Nomad Windshield Bag advice

Are there any other options that you have successfully tried as far as windshield bags ?? I bought the OEM bag, and really dislike how HIGH it sits on the windshield. I love the size, but wish the mounts had been towards the top of the bag, so it would sit lower on the windshield. I have the 2001 Nomad 1500FI. I appreciate your input greatly. I'll be going to the Cleveland Ohio 2013 Motorcycle Show at the end of January, and can explore options there from aftermarket companies. I like the idea of one larger bag (like OEM) as opposed to three separate sections of smaller bags. Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #2

Some guys including me use a leather fanny pack for a windshield bag. Cheap about $15, cut the straps off leaving about an inch or so to mount the bag. Here is a pic originally intended to show my 12volt outlet, but it sort of gives you an idea of how low you can mount it.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #3

Would it make sense to drill holes through the back of the bag to match up to the windshield mounting nuts in the appropriate location so the bag sits lower?

I have a small bag that I mounted this way.
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 12-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #4

windshield bag options

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney View Post
Would it make sense to drill holes through the back of the bag to match up to the windshield mounting nuts in the appropriate location so the bag sits lower?

I have a small bag that I mounted this way.
I would have, but the inner metal supports are permanently fixed in place. Rather than take the chance and make the bag non-returnable, I opted to simply go with a refund that I can hopefully use on something that WILL work for me. The OEM bag is very well made. It just sits much higher than I think it needs to.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by erock1 View Post
I would have, but the inner metal supports are permanently fixed in place. Rather than take the chance and make the bag non-returnable, I opted to simply go with a refund that I can hopefully use on something that WILL work for me. The OEM bag is very well made. It just sits much higher than I think it needs to.

I'm not sure, by your response if you're interested in a DIY kind of windshield bag, but that's what I did also before I got the HD fairing. I might look at an HD windshield bag in the future. Here is what I had in the past. I just installed it putting the holes where they worked best using the windshield bolts and some fender washers.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads