Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to ianicky
Hot Legs

Went for a ride today the sun was out but temp was still low, ended up stuck in town traffic for the first time on my Nomad and i couldn't believe how hot my legs got especially my right leg, it felt like sweat running down into my boot, i dread to think what it will be like in the summer if i get caught in traffic.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #2

Hot Legs

Really, I have never had that problem. I don't know if it is common or not. someone else will chime in I'm sure.
Did you check your fluid level ?
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #3

Hot Legs

Ive never noticed it that bad on my bike, are you sure your not riding a Harley?

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Hot Legs

I have been stuck in traffic and felt the heat from the fan and yes, it does get hot. But considering that usually happens when it's 90-100, I don't sweat it. (pun intended)
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 03-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Hot Legs

I've gotten a little hot when stopped at lights...but not bad.... or enough to sweat. Not sure if there's anything wrong or not Ianicky. I do like the mods you've done to your Nomad though!! Looks good... just wish you didn't have to have a billboard for a license plate!! Man...are the cops that blind??? LOL!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #6

Hot Legs

I also have never noticed it. My son complains about this on his 1500 classic, but I have not had the problem at all on my Nomad. I notice some engine heat when I am stopped at a long light on a hot day. I almost always wear mesh FirstGear pants over my jeans, so perhaps they buffer me against the heat.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Hot Legs

I had a similar experience when I did the Caddman mod to reduce my air intake restriction. The bike was pinging a lot and the engine/exhaust was very hot. The Cobra Fi2000 fuel module did not seem to help the situation no matter how I adjusted it. I removed the Caddman mod and this helped with the pinging and the engine/exhaust temperature. I have since added a resistor to the air temp sensor, which has also helped with the pinging situation.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #8

Hot Legs

I checked all levels before going out so all was good there, i had been riding for about 90 minutes or so when i entered the town, i guess i was stop starting for about 10 - 15 minutes, its also the first time that I've heard the fan working, as soon as i got through the traffic i soon cooled down .

Old 03-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #9

Hot Legs

Quote:
I've gotten a little hot when stopped at lights...but not bad.... or enough to sweat. Not sure if there's anything wrong or not Ianicky. I do like the mods you've done to your Nomad though!! Looks good... just wish you didn't have to have a billboard for a license plate!! Man...are the cops that blind??? LOL!
Thanks JussMatt still got things to do just got to do it without the wife finding out what I'm spending lol as for the license plate that is the smallest that i can legally fit to my bike, i was going to post the question what size are your plates as i was thinking about a lay down license plate holder from the US my plate is 9" wide x 61/2" tall

Old 03-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Hot Legs

Quote:
[quote:mkt0pn2f]I've gotten a little hot when stopped at lights...but not bad.... or enough to sweat. Not sure if there's anything wrong or not Ianicky. I do like the mods you've done to your Nomad though!! Looks good... just wish you didn't have to have a billboard for a license plate!! Man...are the cops that blind??? LOL!
Thanks JussMatt still got things to do just got to do it without the wife finding out what I'm spending lol as for the license plate that is the smallest that i can legally fit to my bike, i was going to post the question what size are your plates as i was thinking about a lay down license plate holder from the US my plate is 9" wide x 61/2" tall[/quote:mkt0pn2f]

Not sure of the exact size...but I'm sure somebody will chime in shortly before I can get a measurement... LOL! I would guess around 6 1/2" to 7" wide and around 3 1/2" to 4" tall. You might have to come up w/ your own design or something for your billboard! LOL!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:56 PM   #11

Hot Legs

Old 03-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #12
Mega-Contributor

Hot Legs

I get it riding home from work in the summer, stop and go traffic, hot sun, 105-115 degrees, by the time I get home (30 minute commute) the tank is so hot it will burn my leg through my jeans. I don't worry about it, because in the summer in Phoenix everything is so hot you can't touch it. I don't know how much of this heat is from the bike and how much is from the ambient temperature.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #13
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Hot Legs

Mine gets hotter than he||

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 03-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #14

Hot Legs

Ditto. When it's 100<sup>o</sup>F+ here and you stop in traffic at 5 PM, it's like riding a giant hairdryer. Because of that I normally don't leave work until 7 PM in the Summer, but even then it can be very hot.

I guess after living here 30 years I'm just used to it.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #15

Hot Legs

I find it utterly unbelievable that with a thread with a title like this has remained on track for so long. Way longer than most. I'm not sure if I should say "way to go" or wonder what has happened to all of you. Maybe it is just the effect of what has become a long winter. ;)

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.