Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #1

Taking is easy today.

Went yesterday and had another back injection :'(. Did not have a good evening and still have a sore back this morning :-/. Got the drugs working hoping for a better day tomorrow .

Days like today makes one wish they had taken better care of themselves when younger. And then you remember all the STUPID :(" title="" border="0"/> things you did to damage your body. All the fights, football, basketball, wrestling, martial arts, falling out of trees, having trees fall on you, car and bike wrecks, lifting things to heavy and the list go's on and on.

Sorry for the ranting, just please be careful and take good care of yourselves.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #2

Taking is easy today.

With you there watchman. Had my first injection in December and the second in March. Still feel the soreness creeping back into my back. Trying to do all the core strengthening excersises I should have done 20 years ago. The only times it hurts is sitting and sleeping. I have spinal stenosis. They say I am just buying time till surgery.
Take care and I hope you smile thru it like I do.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Taking is easy today.

Damn you two.... making me sore just thinking about it!!!! Hope y'all get to feeling better soon!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Taking is easy today.

Get better watchman..

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
Top Contributor

Taking is easy today.

Problem is when we were young we were smarter than all the old people. "It" would never happen to US! Young folks today are the same. Have you ever been able to convice anyone under 21 that the loud, blasting, earsplitting music will damage their hearing? Not me.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your suffering. Hope it can be controlled and doesn't get any worse.

Cheers, Bob

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
Mega-Contributor

Taking is easy today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket
Problem is when we were young we were smarter than all the old people. "It" would never happen to US! Young folks today are the same. Have you ever been able to convice anyone under 21 that the loud, blasting, earsplitting music will damage their hearing? Not me.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your suffering. Hope it can be controlled and doesn't get any worse.

Cheers, Bob
I hear ya (sorry for the pun) I've been a drummer for 40 years and although I haven't played in a band for almost 20 years, all those years of sitting in front of Marshall stacks playing "Smoke on the Water" and "Iron Man" has taken its toll on my hearing.

I pinched a nerve in my back during a football game when I was 17 and couldn't stand up straight for a few weeks. A few visits to a DC straightened me out, but I can't imagine what chronic back pain must do to you. I'm sure it wears you down real quick.

Take care, you guys!
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #7

Taking is easy today.

I can relate. Monday night we had to move a bunch of 16' panels to set up for a round-up and move 9 cantankerous old cows. The panels were stuck in the ground and rather than pry them out with a 2x4 I just started yanking and pulling...Next day I can hardly move!

Getting old ain't for wimps!

Old 05-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #8

Taking is easy today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchman
Went yesterday and had another back injection :'(. Did not have a good evening and still have a sore back this morning :-/. Got the drugs working hoping for a better day tomorrow .

Days like today makes one wish they had taken better care of themselves when younger. And then you remember all the STUPID :(" title="" border="0"/> things you did to damage your body. All the fights, football, basketball, wrestling, martial arts, falling out of trees, having trees fall on you, car and bike wrecks, lifting things to heavy and the list go's on and on.

Sorry for the ranting, just please be careful and take good care of yourselves.
Been there done that but without the injections. Too late for me to taker care of myself. In the middle now of completing the deck and the wife keeps saying don't hurt yourself any worse. I tell her, I'm just doing what needs to be done. I'm gonna hurt either way. Hopefully some of the younger crowd here will listen. Sometimes it just helps to let of steam. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #9

Taking is easy today.

Quote:

Cheers, Bob
What'd Bob say. I couldn't here him.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #10

Taking is easy today.

That sucks!!!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #11

Taking is easy today.

Hope your feeling better Watchman, I know firsthand what its like. Like you I abused myself when I was younger and invincible, and am now paying the price. Somedays its a chore to get around, but Im not one to sit for long.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 05-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #12

Taking is easy today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:

Cheers, Bob
I hear ya (sorry for the pun) I've been a drummer for 40 years and although I haven't played in a band for almost 20 years, all those years of sitting in front of Marshall stacks playing "Smoke on the Water" and "Iron Man" has taken its toll on my hearing.

I pinched a nerve in my back during a football game when I was 17 and couldn't stand up straight for a few weeks. A few visits to a DC straightened me out, but I can't imagine what chronic back pain must do to you. I'm sure it wears you down real quick.

Take care, you guys!
I've made my living in music and audio for almost 30 years now. First 15 years as a professional musician doing audio engineering on the side. Now that's switched and I only play occasionally. But back when I was gigging full time I used to play with earplugs depending on the venue. I caught no end of crap for it too from the other guys in the band, but I always knew if I was going keep working in these fields I could only do it for as long as my hearing held out. Now I'm a bit of an anomly...a 48 year old audio engineer with near perfect hearing. I have a slight mid range frequency loss in my right ear that's pretty much attributed to normal aging, but I still test out pretty close to what I did when I was 20.
The other guys are mostly still playing, but struggling and not having as much fun with it.
Getting older definitely has it's frustrations. I've had a few back injuries over the years and nothing else will bring your life to a screeching halt as quickly.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 05-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #13

Taking is easy today.

Watchman, hope tomorrow is better for you. I am to the point that some times I can hardly walk in the morning after a day on the field. I'm too stubborn to go to the doctor for the foot pain because I'm afraid of what may be wrong or what I will have to do to correct it (surgery). It does suck to get old sometimes.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #14

Taking is easy today.

Getting old has it's aches and pains but it still beats the alternative. I don't care what Dan says. ;)
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-15-2008, 04:38 AM   #15
Top Contributor

Taking is easy today.

My body is a wreck, the list would be shorter if I listed the things that still work right. Like some of you I abused my body when I was younger. I'd like to see what the kids will look and fell like in years to come that are doing the extreme sports. But you can't tell teenagers anything they know it all.
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.