Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 08-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #1

NORTH EAST RIDE

Hey you guys. I love all the pictures you posted of the Lake George ride. One of these days, soon I hope, I'll be able to show up and meet all you folks. That part of New England is very nice. Believe me when I say seeing those pics after sitting here in Iraq for the past year make me wanna cry. So nice to see color and mountains. Denise and I spent a long weekend there three summers ago. Great ride. Thanks for all the postings.

vin

ps: I'm now located in Kuwait for the next few days, then on to Texas for a week then.....Home for good.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #2

NORTH EAST RIDE

Be safe , if the weather is good this fall its even nicer for a ride in that area.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

I'm just outside of Montpelier, Vt. and I go to DHMC at least once a month. We could meet for breakfast or lunch and go for a ride. Have a safe trip.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 08-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #4

NORTH EAST RIDE

Yeah stay safe Vin. Texas and home for good, that sounds good huh.
That rally was even more fun than the pics make it look. Maybe you can join us next time.
Some of us will be at the National rally in June 2011. Maybe we can meet up there.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 08-10-2010, 03:23 AM   #5

NORTH EAST RIDE

Hey loafer. what/where is DHMC?
TC, I will be catching up with you guys one of these days.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightdoc
Hey loafer. what/where is DHMC?
TC, I will be catching up with you guys one of these days.
I'm sorry, your address said N.H. so I thought you knew where that was. DHMC is Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Hanover, New Hampshire. It's about 65 miles from my home. Where is your home?

Old 08-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

FLIGHTDOC, Whatchyou tawkin? NY is no part of New England! NE has just 6 states and while maybe i wish that part of NY was, it ain't!

loafer, he probably knows where DHMC is but it has that tangy MC, so I bet he skipt a cog and took it for a Harley joint. Maybe Dave's Harley MC, and I never heard of that place either.

You better look out, or I will have you tawkin in circles wondering whatchu mean

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 08-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

macmac, You Know I didn't think of that. Maybe we could ride over to where ever that is, you know the first thursday of every other month during winter before spring.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #9

NORTH EAST RIDE

Loafer, I do knowwhere Dartmouth Hitchcock is located. Never seen it abbreviated before. Hey mac........I was just trying to be neighborly to the NY's since they did provide such beautiful scenery. You won't lose me ....yet.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightdoc
Loafer, I do knowwhere Dartmouth Hitchcock is located. Never seen it abbreviated before. Hey mac........I was just trying to be neighborly to the NY's since they did provide such beautiful scenery. You won't lose me ....yet.
When you get all settled in we will have to do a ride. Don't worry

about mac, he gets that way when he's hungry.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

Who Me ??? LOL. All I can say is it's a good thing that for better than a decade now I have been goin ova' to that lake and keeping the yanquez away. Makes a nice safe trolly ride for some huh?

There are little islands up that lake where very real F&I battles took place, and some still have minor earth works, if you know where to look.

The event happens after the park is closed and isn't for the public. The few public that find us are none to sure of what in jumpin blue blazes is goin' on either.

They see guys here and there with funny looking uniforms and strange clothing, me in paint and more than half naked, all armed with muskets LOL

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 08-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

I suggest we go for a ride to these forts and outcroppings, so you can show us where you do these reenactments. What say you?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #13
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

Better get a pontoon set on yer Nomad fer that. Get a boat and go to the island of finita (spelling may be wrong) That remains the best earthen works left IMO. Floating Battery as well still has some, but better than 200 years passing has reduced much of Floating Battery, an island 2 really.

I get there from Hulets Landing and use a canoe heading south. I got charts from that time as repro chrats. somewhere...... We have very limited living space and moved here in Dec 06, leaving much boxed up still, and remaining so till some move in a future. I can dig that stuff up if need be though. I also have a modern chart of the lake made in a water proof plastic, and I use it on the lake in the canoe. Thar's a lot of boats in the bottom of that lake and I don't want mine with me in it to be there.

Once i could see a D-8 under the water there too, I doubt I could locate that quickly anymore. My best guess is it fell thru ice. Perhaps it broke down ?

In another place there is a monument under water too, a place i could not locate quickly, but I saw it, but could not read it.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 08-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

You wont get me in a canoe anywayhow. Maybe Flightdoc and I could meet you for lunch at the nearest grubwagon over your way. I'm not even sure I know were you are.

Old 08-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #15
Sr. Contributor

NORTH EAST RIDE

That's ok as I have no idea where your town is either. I am near Conway south of the kanc by 15 miles (east entrance). I had a my bro in law these past few days a HD rider. I got hit to Fairlee Vt to go to south of Baltimore this Am to where he lives. Fairlee to here is close to 65 miles.

My bro was to make it home today 500+ one way, and all Interstate. I'ld hate that ride.

He has business in Boston, so came up hellish I -95.

It's longer but hopefuly faster taking 91 to Hartford, 84 to Scranton to 81, then I guess 83.

I hate that mess too. All he's got is good weather.

Rt 25 a in Nh is nice ridin' but real contradictory from going in the fields of wild flowers to concrete hell.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac