Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #1

I need $1 from each one of you!

I just got an email that made my day.... for a minute :( Only till I got to the bottom of the email.

I was invited to go to officers motor school. It's never happened here before, but that trainer that I practiced with last week and I spoke about wishing I could. He emailed me and said that I could, but that it costs $1,500!!

He said that it includes the Police Road King and the full course.

I wish that this came at a time when I had the $$ Timing is everything. :(" title="" border="0"/>

OK, 75 cents from all two thousand of you and I'm on my way!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Don't let me be the bearer of bad new bro...................

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 09-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #3

You got a paypal account? I'd donate to the cause.
VBA #931R
VROC #16379R

Old 09-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Depends, do you get to Keep the Police Road King? I would love to see you ride it to some interesting places.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #5

It is not a good idea to ride and text at the same time. Thats my 2 cents. (get it, my $.02) HeHe. Sorry, in a jovial mood. Paypal??

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #6

You buy me lunch and I'll donate to your cause.
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 09-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #7

Set up the paypal account....I'll help.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 09-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #8

Thats pretty good of him to give you a chance at signing up for the course to bad it wasn't paid for.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 09-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
VBA Founder

Although I realize that Dan is probably kidding... just in case he isn't.....I'd be willing to allow everyone that wants to donate to Dan's cause to use the KawaNOW PayPal account.

If you want to donate to help Dan attend Officer's Motor School, feel free to hit the Donate button at the top of any page and donate. Please earmark it for Dan's Motor School. Dan can give us a date to have donations in by. At the end of the Donation period, I'll cut Dan a check and send it to him to help in the cost.

There is no pressure in donating...if you do, feel free...if you don't, then noone will be the wiser. It's totally up to you. All funds donated that are earmarked for Dan's Motor School will be sent to him.

If for some reason Dan doesn't attend motor school then whatever funds have been donated will go to KawaNOW.

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 09-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #10

Hey thanks to those who are playing along on this, but the school is next week and I was just playing with how enough people giving 75 cents would get it done. I wasn't serious. BD knew me well enough to play his part :)

I had read where someone here took a partial course offered to the public in Cal. that was very affordable, so when I was talking with this instructor, I figured it would be reasonable if it was offered, but it didn't matter because they didn't let civilians go through anyway.

So I was shocked by the email today with the offer. Then double shocked by the price. I doesn't come at a good time for me.

I told them that if they need a course worker to take pictures, set cones back up etc. to let me know. I'm sure I'd learn some vicariously just being there a watching.

I did go and practice the 18 foot key hole yesterday. &$^#%^#& I can't do it yet.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #11

But hey, thanks to all of you that were playing along with my scheme :)

Old 09-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
Sr. Contributor

I was going to ask for snail mail since I didn't do pay pal.

Once I had an idea like this too, but it works as I have no place to live, so travel to Nomad riders houses for 1 night, and work on their bikes all that day. I only need 365 riders..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 09-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #13

Good thing I read all the way thru, I was headed for the pay pal post to make donation. Good One.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I was going to ask for snail mail since I didn't do pay pal.

Once I had an idea like this too, but it works as I have no place to live, so travel to Nomad riders houses for 1 night, and work on their bikes all that day. I only need 365 riders..
Mac, how about you go on a "vacation" where you schedule work on bikes along the way. In exchange you get fed and put up for the night and shown the local good roads?

Old 09-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #15
Sr. Contributor

Great idea, but i can't really carry the tooling very well. I was out for 10 months crossing the USA both ways and a 1/2. I worked, and fixed a lot of stuff then.

There was car work at unexpected times, right where foks were broken down, several bikes too, then I did some of my silver workings here and there which sells prety easy.

One place where i was just enjoying the day was the town of Wall SD, and a few bikers bought stuff for their SO's.

In Cook City Montana a board road engineer from Wa, who at first was in fear of me, mentioned going to the libray in Cody. That is a fair ride fpr nothing better to do, and I offered a book I had with me called The Covenant Chain, which is a musem book on Trade Silver.

I showed him pieces in a drizzel, and he bought 1 right there. Closing my bike trailer I dropped another, and asked if he would simpley return it with the book when he was done.

Well he was gone when I got back, but he had left the book in the trailer and money for that poece too with a note. I guess the book sold my work that day, as the two pieces were in the book.

I did some logging in Ar, and worked on a guys Bob Cat, another place in the same state was a camp ground, and i did some camp ground bath house walls and installed new shower heads and toliets too. I got my site and 6 bucks an hour fer that Don't go to Ar thinkin to get rich fast!

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it