View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #8

We stopped at lake ponderay (not how it's spelt, but how it's pronounced.)

Superb lakeside run with a big bald eagle spotted overhead. Unfortunately I was riding so couldn't get the picture.

We stopped at the lakeside...... unfortunately the conditions were smoky, but we still had a great view.

We stopped in Clark Fork, and swapped stories over a pretty decent burger and fries.

Spot the odd ones out, or as D said "we're the cool kids on the end"

But the highlight of the trip was the next section.....MT highway 56...... what a superb ride through the valley, the meadows and river meandering throughout with mountains to die for.

The next stop on her ride was The Halfway House..... nice place, with camping out back (incredible, D had stopped there a number of times but never got passed the bar)

..... the camping area behind the inn was 8 acres of awesome

I did not get many pictures on this ride, I was just enjoying the ride...... but I will be returning...... it's too good a place not to.

I zeroed this before I left..... not a bad days ride..... kms by the way.

I'm already looking forward to my return......and since we join the highway and go through Troy, it links up quite nicely to the ride through Yaak...... so my thought is to combine the two rides, with an overnighter either at The Shameless Oasis with Marty in Yaak or at the halfway house in that stunning parkland.

What a great Saturday.

Steve