View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #3

Scala Rider Bluetooth Team Head Set

Thanks Topcat. I knew I had seen something in the past about intercoms. I tried a search on the topic and I browsed the entire forum quite abit in search of it prior to starting this thread. I have since found and read it.

I broke down and ordered one through J.C. Whitney at $199.00. I found it as low as $165.00 + shipping and handling on some web sites around the internet but I was concerned about the validity of the companies. I figured that it would be best to pay a little extra (roughly $20.00) and go with J.C. Whitney because I know if I am not satisfied I can return it.

My other concern was that there are apparently a couple of generation models for the headsets with some technology improvements being made in the most recent release. I did quite abit of research before sinking a couple of hundred dollars into one and found one "owner feedback" article that warned of these headsets still being "new" on the shelf of some businesses. I will see if I can find a model number or series number for the unit identification by anyone interested that may be interested in our forum.

I live in a 99% snow free climate and our weather is supposed to get up to 65 degrees next weekend. I should receive my unit within the week and I will let you know how it works. I am mostly interested in the bluetooth capability as a single rider but my wife is more interested in the intercom feature.