Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #6

Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dui546
This is NO JOKE...I saved a whole bunch of money by switching my motorcycle insurance policy to Geico -- I saved $600 a year from Nationwide.
I've been with State Farm for 20 years, and was just about to abandon them for Geico for my bike and my car. For the exact same coverage, I was going to save half of the premiums by moving. I called State Farm to basically ask them why my premiums were so high and that I was going to leave them when they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They cut the bike rate by just over half, and the car by just under the same amount, so the discount between SF and Geico was around the same. But, they reminded me I had something as part of my policy that most other companies didn't offer: I cannot be dropped from my policy ever. I don't know how many other companies do that, but I'd really rather stay with the company I've been with, especially if the premiums drop by 50%. Besides, I've got a local office, and they crank out checks for claims by the end of the day.