View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #36
Mega-Contributor

Southwest Regional Rally 2010 location

Flagstaff and Prescott are about 90 miles apart. Prescott is at about 5000', Flagstaff is over 7000'. Hence, Flagstaff would be much cooler in the summer. Prescott is typically 5-10 degrees cooler than Phoenix, Flagstaff is 15 to 20 degrees cooler. Flagstaff would be closer to the Grand Canyon, and being on I-40 might make it more convenient for some to get there.

One place that is worth suggesting is Williams, AZ. It's about 30 miles West of Flagstaff on I-40 and is a small railroad town. Hotels, restaurants, bars, etc are pretty much located in the same area. They used to hold a big HD rally in Williams every year until they moved it to Tucson.

I would consider Flagstaff to be the "hub" of some of the best riding in the whole state. You can go south to Sedona, Jerome, Prescott and the Yarnell Valley, you can go east towards Winslow (...standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona...) and Mormon Lake. Most of the area is heavily forested . You can head north across the Navajo Nation to the Grand Canyon or NE towards Lake Powell.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17