View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I'll try to put this into words...

I don't see a huge amount of support from a lot of the members here. Up until a few years ago, this was a Nomad-specific forum. 99% of us all owned and rode Nomads, and we were a fairly tight group. Then the forum was opened up to include the Vaquero and Voyager. That's not a bad thing, but in recent years, the typical member seems to be the guy who buys a 10-15 year old Vulcan, comes here to ask a question or two (what kind of oil, tires, etc) and then leaves.

I realize that not everyone who signs up here wants to hang out at a rally, and that's fine. It just seems like there are fewer members that want anything more from their membership than just a source of free information. As many of the "old guard" (myself included and now even the founder of this group) have moved on to other brands, some have stayed and some have not.

Since those who don't ride Vulcans are prohibited from leadership positions here, it has created a void that needs to be filled. Some of the newer members need to step up to the plate and take a more active role in the organization to keep it from just becoming another lifeless question and answer forum.

I have made many friends here since I joined in 2007, and these friendships go beyond brands of bikes. Heck, we'd still get together if there wasn't a VBA. It would be shame to lose that kind of community here.
Yep!
I joined when it was a nomad group also, just so I could go to a rally to look and see what others had done to their bikes and to learn how to ride in a large group.
I thought it would be a one time event for me but It turned out that it was a great bunch of people to hang out and ride with. Who knew?