View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #15

Mr Atmosphere0284 - I have had 3 Voyagers 2009, 2013, 2014. All three at some point had a wobble if you removed your hands from the bars. As long as you kept 1 hand on the bars it NEVER WOBBLED. Note - they did not always wobble nor did it bother me. It annoyed me (Cause I tend to be a perfectionist). I did find that certain brands of front tires wobbled worse. Least to worse: OEM Bridgestones, Metzler 888, Commander II, Dunlop Elite's ( Have not tried the American Eagle Elites - I love their rear tires).

If you do develop a wobble - first thing I would try are the All Balls Tapered head bearings - They will not replace them under warranty but it removed any wobble on 2 of my bikes. Tightening and greasing OEM bearing is a waist of time (my opinion) - All the dealer ever did was over tighten them and it drove bad.

Right now I have a combination of All Balls Bearings and a Fork Brace that add additional stiffness to the front end. Since I've added the Bearings and the brace - I can remove my hands from bars at any speed with out a wobble.

You need to put some miles on that bike - with only 250 miles you have not had your first Oil Change or first service done. Probably still has the breaking oil in it. Go ride that thing. Keep your hands on the bars (You really should do that anyway). Break it in.

While Ivans reflash is the best thing anyone with a 1700 can do - Don't waist your money if you aren't gonna ride it. It will not solve your perceived wobble issue. Put the $350 toward a bike you will ride.