View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framer View Post
I came off a similar bike ( 1600 batwing and tour pack). When I first drove my Voyager I did notice that it felt lighter and was easier to handle. With the weight off the front and on the frame it's easier to keep in a straight line at stops and low speed maneuvering than my Nomad. The fixed fairing goes though the wind better at high speeds too.

I looked at the Vaquero when I was wanting to upgrade. I went with the Voyager because of the storage and I never liked the side-load bags although they do look better.
I'm looking around a bit, is it much taller than the 1500/1600? I'm trying to get something a little lighter feeling st low speed. I rode an F6B and I thought it was real nimble feeling for a big bike and suspected it was a lot due to the Frame mounted Fairing, as well as being just a completely different bike.,I'm not against the Voyager but I'm seeing the Vaqueros out there with some good prices right now. Since I already have a Tourpack , I had thought I might get a quick release mount for it on a Vaquero if I get one at the right price.

The cheapest route would to just go back to the stock style windshield and get some weight off the front end, I've got 82000 miles on it and I'm not sure when I'm going to reach the point of doing more work.

"Ride hard or stay home" Joe Robinson aka Old Dog, R.I.P

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by denny 606; 06-18-2017 at 09:14 AM.