View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Schoeney your price does narrow your choices somewhat. I know the Tour Vic is off the table as used is almost 20K.

My Cross Country Tour sits so much lower than my Nomad. Not sure what your limiting factors are. ST1300 and the BMW's have a much higher center of gravity but much stronger motors. You've really thrown out a menagerie of bikes. No two alike.

The victory CC used might work out. Are you taking long distances or medium range? Give me more of what type of riding you prefer to do and "must haves" in a bike. For example; I thought hard about a GW but didn't want that large of a barge for my all around bike. But a must have was storage room because my girlfriend and I enjoy taking trips across many states and need the room. I realized that the Cross Country Tour was the only bike that was easy to handle at very slow speeds due to center of gravity yet provide all day comfort and larger storage capacity of a GW.

Give us some more specifics and I'll try to give you my honest opinion. If I wasn't always dreaming of traveling for weeks at a time and didn't need more stuff than a 3 day weekend the Triumph Thunderbird would have been a major consideration.
Hey Magellan, since when do you travel by bike for "weeks at a time"?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Last edited by cactusjack; 04-26-2013 at 01:31 PM.