View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku57 View Post
There seem to be a lot of low mileage Voyagers compared to Harleys, Gold Wings, or Indians of comparable age. I've also noticed the two sport tourers I'm also interested in - the Yamaha FJR and Triumph Trophy SE - also have a surprising number of low mileage examples available.

Perhaps many Voyager, FJR, and Trophy buyers just decide touring isn't their thing, whereas Gold Wing, Harley, Indian, and BMW sport tourer buyers are more committed to it and therefore willing to spend thousands more on those bikes.
I think it is part them realizing touring isn’t for them, the weight of the bike 895lbs, or how the bike is from the factory (jerky and underpowered). Get a Voyager, you will LOVE it. But have the ECU reprogrammed by Ivan. Do some research and you will see why we do it. It makes the bike an entirely different beast that is much more enjoyable. Don’t let what I said scare you away, ALL bikes are choked back thanks to the EPA and they don’t perform anywhere near as good as they can until a few tweaks are done to them.