View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #18

C-collar free to a good home. . .

Nope, no broken bones Dan. I think when the lights went out my rag-doll impersonation prevented me from doing anything silly like trying to catch myself which would have likely resulted in broken bones. I went off low side, and I really dont remember leaving the bike; but what the hay, I've had a head injury! I dont remember calling my wife on my cell phone either, but the only time that could have happened was while I was lying in the street waiting for PD & Ambulance to arrive. There has never been a question as to helmet or no-helmet. While I respect every rider's choice, I've scooped up more helmetless bodies than helmeted patients in the last 25+ years.

The CT scan [i]did[/i] find a brain, but they said they couldnt verify functionality. . . I wonder what that meant?

I went today and walked the road where I crashed and found far more sand on the roadway than I expected to find. Mistake number one of Wednesday was in route selection and not avoiding the construction zone. Mistake number 2 was in keeping my attention on the car I avoided longer than necessary. Had I disengaged as soon as I knew I had avoided him I would have seen the stopped suburban with a little more room between us and possibly could have avoided the over-braking I did.