Thread: 2015 Voyager
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
The road glide has a USB connection in the fairing pocket for the iPod/iPhone, or smart phone, or just a thumb drive with all your songs ready to play on the boom audio.

The Street Glide doesn't have same?

I am going to have to ride the '17 Street and Road Glides back to back to compare for myself. What you says goes against every review of both bikes. They all say the Road Glide is easier to handle because there is no additional weight on the forks. Maybe the handlebar width is different providing different leverage.
Both Specials have the same infotainment capabilities with the 6.5" display, nav, Bluetooth, fob securityand two speakers. There is a USB the right fairing but you can just stream music with Bluetooth. I also thought I would want the RG because of the frame mounted fairing, but although the steering is light, the fairing is much heavier and made tight parking lot turns seem harder. But it is more comfy and set up for touring better. But I definitely felt the extra weight vs the SG. The SG fairing is much smaller and lighter and I just never felt it when close quarter maneuvering. I just felt more comfortable. So for me, it seemed like the right choice. But go see for yourself.
2002 Honda 750 A.C.E. (gone)
SCRC 2nd Officer Central Jersey Chapter