View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 03:23 PM   #15
Sr. Contributor

BudMan , 500 miles in a place with no east west roads, and a town each 10 miles will slow you down. All the way across VT and NH it's that way. 55 mph for 10 or miles and then bam 35 mph for 3 to 5 miles and back to 55 again. It's right around 180 miles from Lk G to here, and that takes the better part of a day. The only real interstate is I-89. I forget the distance you would be on it, something like 20 miles maybe. Or you can take old Rt 4 in NH and that's real slow to Danville . We have these things called mountains and they mess up east / west roads big. A real scenic ride IS the Kanc rt 112. 32 miles with no stores of any kind, but the posted limit is mostly 40 mph. A few places are posted 50, and some of the road is rough and it's all curvy, and had moose deer turkey and bear.

I see riders doing some fairly foolish things like rounding blind corners IMO way to fast because you have no idea what will be there. Could be a moose might be some idiot with a camper coach making a 19 point K turn smack in a corner. Seen that many many times.

Add more time or shorten the ride I guess. No point coming here with no time.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it