View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 02:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc View Post
Cool, looking forward to meeting you. Sask. And Manitoba are very flat prairie provinces and not a lot to see. After Brandon Manitoba and as you get into Ontario going around the lake head, it gets much more scenic. I have only travelled that area twice so hopefully others can chim in with more info. Ontario is a very large Provence and will take about 24 to ride through. Once you are past Toronto if you travel the 401, Kingston is a very nice city, very old and historic. Just east is Gananoque, home of the Thousand Island tourist area. Very scenic and things to do. Right after Gananoque rather than continue on the 401 I would take the Thousand Island parkway. It follows the river and is a beautiful ride with picnic stops etc. It ends at Brockville but you could continue along the river by staying on old highway2, or go back on the 401 for quickness. Either way, I would take highway 34 north at Lancaster and follow it up through Alexandria, Vankleek Hill and into Hawkesbury on the Ottawa River . Crossing the bridge at Hawkesbury brings you into Quebec. You are at that point about a 2 hr ride from Mount Tremblant and the hotel. Most direct route is take the 148 to just past Montebello then the 323 to the 117. The base hotel is just a few miles north up the 117 on your right either via chemin ( means road) lac Duhamel or a short driveway directly of the 117 probably less than 1/2 mile further.
Did you get accommodations yet?
Hope this helps,
Norm
Thank you Norm! Yes, we have reservations (for months actually). I appreciate your input and am also looking forward to meeting you.
2011 Rally in the Redwoods, CA
2013 National, Estes Park, CO
2013 SE Regional, Blairsville, GA
2014 NW Regional, Orifino, ID
2014 NC/SC Regional in the Ozarks, AR
2016 NC Regional, Hillsboro, WI
2016 E. Canada/NE Regional, Quebec
2017 National, Lake George, NY
2018 SC/NC, Custer, SD
2018 Antlers, OK