View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
I'll buy now only if you throw in a Shamwow.

I permanently run USB extension cables up my bars and use adjustable cables to complete the last couple of inches to each device. This is all connected to a power supply box in the inner fairing and is much better for me than any connections you could make in or on the dash IMO.

I have two different GPS and the older Garmin with TFT screen shows the roads thicker. I learnt this comes in handy running Blue Ridge and the Tail as I could see the turns in the road better (and by adjusting the zoom). The second I can get an idea of where I am within a large area. I have run both Garmins using the same settings and funny how they can tell me to take a different route. It comes in handy having two and I like my gadgets.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
I will NEVER tell...
Sony Model # MEX-M70BT
  • Get one with a rear USB cable input as others have had problems with long USB sticks hitting the bars. I have a cable in the left map pocket.
  • Look for highest line level voltage you can find (5V is good) for running an external amp
  • High and low pass filters in the deck is nice
  • EQ is nice
  • This does all the extras such as XM, Pandora etc... XM is important to me as I cross the border often and don't have data.
  • I got this refurb for $80 I think
  • volume knob is better than button to adjust quickly

don't forget to get an antenna extension for radio (I never use it)