View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #1

Well , the fun has begun ! Mods, Mods, Mods !

After riding last weekend 940 miles rounds trip, around 15 hours round trip non-stop from FL, to SC, I picked up my 2006 Nomad with 8K miles, shiny black, that was last Thursday on 12/30. One week later, the bikes getting some work done !

Starting tomorrow, Saturday 1/8 , the bikes getting jacked up and the fun begins !

Mods to be done now, parts on order, or here :

Reckless fairing ( at the paint shop getting painted ) Black
Marine radio going to be installed
Infinity Marine speakers 450 watts a pair 6&1/2 " speakers
HD Street Glide Mirrors going onto fairing, removing stock ones
Rear tire coming off, service rear swing arm, change rear oil, possibly brakes in rear, etc
205 Car tire goes on ! Dyna beads also !
Stock exhaust comes off , V&Hines Exhaust goes on!
Oil gets changed, I'll go through the bike
Night Riderz LED flashing rear brake lights, scrolls like night rider from the rear, flashes 5 times when braking

Mods to be done :

400 Green for Kawasaki's LEDs will be going on for accent lighting
Luggage rack
Grips
fuel commander
Light bar
Fiber glass lowers
Front tire going to be changed to a Avon Cobra

Pics will be coming up in a few days as the progress goes on !

The ultimate goal for myself, is to accomplish " The Bagger Look "

I'd like to change out the stock seat for a solo seat, buy I do ride the wife on the back, so the rear seat and backrest has to stay.

I like this bike allot, and have had a few Honda VTX's, one was a show bike with a $4K paint job, a Yamaha Venture, had a 2005 Goldwing, and now the Kawaski Nomad.

I'm really pleased with this bike, love the ride ride of it, and am going to be really happy once I get the look, I'm looking for with this bike.

It's going to be a fun project, and wanted to thank everyone for their help and support I have been receiving from such wonderfull people on the KawaNOW forms

Pics starting tomorrow !

Login or Register to Remove Ads