View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 01:16 AM   #7

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrider View Post
Hi Colonel! Sorry for not seeing and responding to your post earlier.

Typically, the VBA National rally is held every second year (this year at Lake George, NY) and in the alternating years each Region will hold its own Regional rally (or in some cases two adjoining regions ( for example US NW and Canada West in Canmore in 2014). However, with the national that far away this year, I don't anticipate that many from out this way will be making the trek. I'd love to, but just can't take that much time off work.

You bring up a very valid point about doing something for Canada's 150th celebration. Somewhere in interior BC would be a good option; reasonably close for AB & BC riders and even for those coming north from the US.

The Salmon Arm - Nakusp - Creston ride in 2015 was great and as far as I know everyone enjoyed themselves and had a great time. (Well, food service at the restaurant in Nakusp left something to be desired, but we can laugh about it now ) And we did take time to visit the Dreamcycle Museum on the route.

I would be very much in favor of doing something along the concept of a "rolling rally" like that again. Heck, I'd even do the same route again! Perhaps extend it a day or two for those who can fit in the extra time. There are lot of nice back roads in around the Armstrong, Enderby & Vernon area so one could add an extra day just around there. perhaps one day for wine tours??

Any ideas or feedback from anyone else?
Idaho was nice and so is Washington. Getting a little tired of BC but if we want to join the group....majority rules...anything will be a good time
VBA member #02543