View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #3

10 Days and counting

I have not looked at the weather; because of the unbelievable inaccuracy of the predictions throughout the northern region of Illinois and the South Western region of Wisconsin.

From just west of Chicago on west and north to PDC... the weather is very unpredictable due to the jet-stream pattern.

It swoops down through that entire area (check it out sometime) which causes the worst weather predictions you'll ever see.

I truly believe the weather people in this area are assigned to their jobs as punishment -- because no one would possibly want to be put on record for any predictions.

Given the time of the year though (which is one reason the dates were picked) the chances of rain diminish somewhat; and if we see rain it is typically isolated enough that we can either ride around it or simply endure it for the short period it happens.

On a side note. You are leaving very early to get there if you are trailering. Am I to assume you are stopping along the way? If so, have fun. I won't be there until around 4 or 5 pm on Thursday; as I doubt I can get there any quicker (although I'll try).

See you there!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417