View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #3

If you are riding the fence.....jump with both feet and don't look back. Envision sitting on a soft toilet seat (support around the rim...sorry about the visual) vs. sitting on a bicycle seat (hard support in the middle). When riding the Nomad I had pain within an hour and a very high level of pain in 2 hours. I don't know my limit on the RDL seat yet, the longest I have gone so far is 2-1/2 hours without stopping and 4 hours with stopping (my riding buddy needed a break), I had absolutely no pain. I got used to the RDL support "wings" in just a few days...no big deal for me.

I just bought my Day Long Russell seat (used but perfect fit for me) from someone on the ST forum. I can't tell you what a difference the seat has made for me. Changed my whole riding experience. Just wished I had it when I went to Estes Park earlier this year. If I had bought one for my Nomad I might not have sold it!

If you can find an OEM pan cheap it will allow you to keep your OEM seat and sell your RDL for a pretty good price when it is time to sell the bike. Makes the overall cost much more reasonable. If you get a 20% group discount I would guess you can sell a good used RDL for 70% of the discounted price 3-4 years later. 70% of group discount price is what I paid approximately for my used one.

No I don't get paid for this endorsement!
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Last edited by schoeney; 09-13-2013 at 11:15 AM.