View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 02:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I wear a helmet, but if someone else chooses not to, that's not my concern.
I can understand what you are saying Scott. Someone else's business is their business.

I think the person who created the original message that was re-posted was going through the "What if??" scenario. What if his friend had worn a helmet that day? Would he still be alive today?

This past Monday I was at the memorial service for a friend who was killed in a motorcycle accident. I don't know all the specifics but what I do know was the he was riding a HD cruiser that he planned to sell. He had taken the HD on trade on a car and seemed to have no interest in the bike whatsoever. I believe that he had ridden dirt bikes as a teenager but don't think that he was at all experienced on bigger bikes. When I heard the sad news I was thinking the "What if's". What if he had never gotten on that bike? What if someone came along and bought it before he rode it? What if he has stayed at home and worked in the yard that day and not gone riding?

I think that in these cases where we lose a friend or loved one we always wonder if there was something we could have done to prevent such a loss.

"Sun on my face, wind in my hair, sound of my bike in my ears and peace in my soul..."
VBA Member #01514
2008 "Ultra" Nomad 1600, Candy Plasma Blue