View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #8
Top Contributor

From the Delphi Vulcan forum. A review of the Venture bagger.

I road one this weekend. I don't recall ever demo'ing a big bagger and saying 'That bike sucks' after the ride before. Certainly I have said 'It's ok but not for me' but I flat out hated that bike. It was mid 90's when I road and it roasted my left leg...bad. The windshield is all the way up, or all the way down. No in between. You have to constantly shift the bike, it's RPM range is very narrow, it red lines and the limiter kicks in at 4800. I was bouncing against that all the time. So then I tried running a higher gear to eliminate the shifting...but then there is no engine brake. Can't begin to describe how annoying that part was. Fit, finish, storage, seating comfort for two.....all of that was very well done. Handlebar pullback and height and ease to reach the controls was also very well done. It was very peppy if you didn't mind shifting all the time. It also appears to have a built in on purpose Harley style poping on decel. It pops a LOT.
And to be clear, damn that thing was hot to ride. Boarder line burnt my left leg and the right was very hot as well. There were four Ventures in my group, we all said the same.