View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #35
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Appreciate all the input. Buying and selling is always a dance at best. Some people want cheap, and that's it. Some folks recognize value and that works for them, too. I have in one sense, "made it my own", but that is somewhat deceptive if left as is. The fact is that I have only installed most all of the aftermarket devices that are most desireable by most riders of Nomads. Read the threads if you doubt. One advantage, if you will, is that I have installed the BEST of the most desireable devices people want.

It would be disingenuous to look at this and say that I am expecting my value back on the add ons plus the bike. Assuming the bike would sell for 5800.00 , a fair number, if I read most of the comments right. Then take the low mileage, great care, very good condition of the paint, chrome, etc. Brand new tires, Michilein , less than fifty miles. Add to that, the actually cost of the add ons with paint, shipping, etc. , About six thousand dollars.. Don't even take into account the time spent gathering, installing, running down the painter, etc. and I figure I am doing someone a very big favor if they want a fully loaded, low mileage, great condition ready to travel, VERY comfortable, for rider and pillion, lots of storage, lots of power, 11,800.00 to build , again, not counting time etc. bike for 7800. KBB allows for up to 30% for customization add on. That comes to about 1800.00. So, added to 5800.00 that is 7600.00. Not so far off.

But, aside from all that, I defy anyone to SHOW me a bike with milage, care, condition, additionals, etc, for My Price. If you find one, you should buy it NOW. And especially, tell me you can take your stock Nomad and add all the features I have for less than 8000.00 and have the same bike .
Happy hunting.
The true test is what someone will pay for it. That remains to be seen. Lastly, like many riders, you made the bike yours. What makes it yours may not appeal to a prospective buyer and therefore no matter what you put in it has no or little value to them. Again, regardless of what the books say it's worth or what you've put in it, the market will determine offers.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Login or Register to Remove Ads