View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaquero convert View Post
Just this past weekend, on my 2011 Voyager, I added Rancnray's grips, K&N air filter and Vance & Hines slip ons. Right away I noticed some decel popping which was to be expected. Today I noticed that under hard acceleration I can hear a hammering sound coming from the right side of the engine. Now I know I've read somewhere that with some aftermarket air intakes, there is a loud hammering sound that the 1700 has. But I didn't expected to hear it with a stock intake. Has anyone else experienced this?

Lastly as I was tightening up an exhaust clamp, I noticed that the exhaust that was coming out of the left side pipe was much warmer than the right side. I'm just wondering if this is normal as the header pipes were both hot.
1) As to added noise with an OEM K&N Filter element, I did not have "hammering" as you experienced. That "hammering" is the reason I removed a BAK and went back to the stock air box with K&N Element.

However, you might want to check that the K&N is seated properly and you are not sucking air past the seals on the filter or possibly some other connection that came loose on your air box (maybe the PAIR Valve intake?).

2) The dual exhaust on the Voyager and Vaquero is not a true 50/50 split to left and right sides.
Hopefully I have this correct, but there is supposed to be more flow through the right side than the left. Perhaps the more direct side is cooler than the side which is "stagnating" somewhat.

Last edited by Vulcan Hammer; 04-08-2014 at 07:29 PM.