View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #30
Sr. Contributor

Northern Dancer , let me try to say in other words what I think you are saying, just to see if I understand.

You made up an adapter plate that fits over the stock passenger bolt holes, and used longer ss bolts to install the floor boards back on. As a wild guess i would say that plate is 3/8" thick steel, by maybe 2 wide" or 9" to 10" long , and has a tab welded on it to catch the top bolt

Also a bracket was formed to create a folding clevis for a custom foot peg to mount.

But if this is true, is the clevis a part you can buy, a part you made and welded on, or a part you made that also bolts on.

The dang problem is that black paint hiding the details i wanna see....

Looks great and I know Jared wants to know too....

All this steel bolts up to the oem rear boards holes....

On the left side as seated Behind this added on bracket plate IS the drive shaft tube..

That was a part of my original problem too. And if so on the right side the mount would have been on the swing arm, and if that were true, which it is not! The pegs would move with the swingarm.

The pegs do not move with the swing arm because they are mounted ona plate that stands out the oem floor boards, but there has to be some very fancy cutting of the plate or there is a added on welded tab to catch the upper oem bolt hole.

That's my best guess and now i want the template or drawing....

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Last edited by macmac; 12-20-2012 at 09:23 AM.