View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlreeves View Post
That kit consists of a plastic T compression fitting and a milled aluminum connector for an on board air compressor. There is no hose and outside of the aluminum coupler, looks cheaper than dirt. Don't waste your time or money.
If any of you ever looked at the air shock lines on older car models you would find they were made with 1/4" plastic or nylon line and plastic fittings. They held up on the late 70's and 80's cars that weighed 6 to 8 times the weight of modern baggers. I don't think you would have any trouble adapting them to work on a bike. All you need is the plastic tubing pictured ran from were the current shock valves are to the tee valve with a schrader valve stem in it. The 4 metal coupling nuts the lines run through have an o-ring and a plastic keeper that seal the lines to prevent air leaks at the nut connections.
If you wished for something stronger you could use chrome tubing and all metal fittings and compression fittings like are used on natural gas lines. If you put a loop in the tubing to allow for flex it would work just find.
VBA #02089

Previous Bikes:
75 Yamaha 175
09 Vulcan 900 Classic
11 Vulcan Vaquero
Harleys:
75 Sportster XLCH
84 Sportster 1000
85 FXRT
79 Low Rider

Login or Register to Remove Ads