View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #40
Top Contributor

Official Headcount - Crescent City

Well, my group just lost a couple people with the sudden passing of Lonnie Necaise...as he and his wife were planning to ride down with us... :'(. I'm sure there are still a lot of folks on the fence, but I'm certain that when summer starts winding down, the Rally is going to have a whole new appeal. I'm hopeful there will be a few who decide that they just can't pass it up.....and they'll be right, they shouldn't.

A reminder though that we only have until the end of May for exclusive reservations at the Curly Redwood Lodge before they open up any unreserved rooms to cagers, which would really kind of suck. I'm still hoping we can fill the place....so those of you who have yet to decide....what are you waiting for... ::) ?

Besides, if you aren't there, you won't be able to have a sip of this years Rally Bottle. I usually make an effort to acquire one special bottle that I like to bring along on such journeys to share with the group. I have again done so and provided that I don't forget to bring it...ahem...the link below shows this years winner, a rare 1 Liter Anejo bottled by Don Felipe in 2007. El Tesoro de Don Felipe Anejo

This type of stuff is unavailable in the US, so acquiring spirits such as this requires a small fortune.... ....but it is my pleasure do so. It will go well with one of BD's cigars.... . I must admit I struggled with the idea of opening it up for a taste test...but alas...have decided to bring it in its true virgin state. I hope it passes the test!

June 2009 National Rally Bottle-Tequila Maestro Tequilero De Jose Cuervo Anejo. Very, very nice. I fell in love with this one.

June 2010 SW Rally Bottle- The same

August 2010 NW Rally Bottle-The same.... but I left it in my bar and forgot to bring it along..... ::) :(" title="" border="0"/>.

VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016