View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #19

71, 441 out of gatlinburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69
The only problem with 441 you have to go through the tourist side of the Smokeys if you come down toward Maryville and take us321 into Townsend and then tn73 around little river it comes out on the other side of Gatlinburg and back on us441 after all the tourist traps and red lights not a bad ride just take your time from the Wye in Townsend to Gatlinburg it is great scenary It is part of the ride we will be on it on the Dragon ride. There are several small motels in Townsend area also where you could stay the nite before hitting the Mountain. If you have any questions just pm me and I will try to answer I live in the area around Maryville.
Tom I can't find tn 73, I found old tn 73 that stops on the other end of town at 321, There is another road 337 that goes down to cades cove road. My trip is not made in stone I will have to talk it over with the others but as far as traffic and heat I have been in Pigeon Forge & Gatlinberg many times in June & July that is not bad compared to Memphis in the summer.