Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Support & Feedback (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   For Sale Board (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24254)

jandreu 09-28-2011 08:10 PM

For Sale Board

Just noticed the change in the "For Sale" board. I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! Before we could just browse everything for sale now we have to search all the sub boards. Why was this done? The For Sale board was not that big to cause issues. Please change it back.>:(

Loafer 09-28-2011 08:14 PM

I like it....

glwilson 09-28-2011 08:40 PM

Not sure what the complaint is.

I checked-out the board and it appears to provide the same.

Explain what you are having trouble with if you would.

lar 09-28-2011 08:43 PM

I like the new classified set up.

Admin 09-28-2011 09:04 PM

Yea really, how could it be more difficult now? It sepperates complete bikes from just parts.

A lot simpler. :wtf:

jandreu 09-28-2011 09:11 PM

I don't like to have to check each sub board when I'm just browsing. With one board you can scan all posts in the for sale board. It was nice to be able to see at a glance what everyone was looking for or selling. Now you have to look at each sub board with intent. Just don't like it.

glwilson 09-28-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandreu (Post 373396)
I don't like to have to check each sub board when I'm just browsing. With one board you can scan all posts in the for sale board. It was nice to be able to see at a glance what everyone was looking for or selling. Now you have to look at each sub board with intent. Just don't like it.

Geez... are we getting lazy? How many more seconds does it take? Just giving you a hard-time, so don't take offense.

Admin 09-28-2011 09:29 PM

And I bet 7 out of 10 people would rather find what they're looking for faster & easier without having to scroll through threads that don't interest them.

Can't make everyone happy I guess. :shrug:

glwilson 09-28-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 373400)
And I bet 9 out of 10 people would rather find what they're looking for faster & easier without having to scroll through threads that don't interest them.

Can't make everyone happy I guess. :shrug:

Nope... you just cannot.;)

jandreu 09-28-2011 09:57 PM

Greg, no offense taken, unless your sleeping with me or making my house payment there's pretty much no way you can offend me. I know where the off button is.

And admin, whoever you are, no you can't make everyone happy. I just feel the old way was "friendlier". As Trip says the forum is supposed to be like friends sitting around a camp fire talking about whatever bubbles to the top. The feel of the new forum, to me, is to official for lack of a better description.

Just my 2 cents...no worries.

glwilson 09-28-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandreu (Post 373408)
Greg, no offense taken, unless your sleeping with me or making my house payment there's pretty much no way you can offend me. I know where the off button is.

And admin, whoever you are, no you can't make everyone happy. I just feel the old way was "friendlier". As Trip says the forum is supposed to be like friends sitting around a camp fire talking about whatever bubbles to the top. The feel of the new forum, to me, is to official for lack of a better description.

Just my 2 cents...no worries.

To some degree I agree the new site has felt a bit "stiff" to begin with, for lack of better words, compared to the old site. It doesn't feel quite as "warm", if you know what I mean; however I believe in time it will become more familiar and eventually we'll have no problems with it.;)

ballast 09-29-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandreu (Post 373396)

I have to agree. More sub forums is kinda annoying. And yes I am kinda lazy and would rather just check out a single area for whats for sale and what folks are looking for.