Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada West Group (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Southern Alberta (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47011)

Bdog 12-29-2017 07:48 PM

Southern Alberta

1 Attachment(s)
I know we have several members living in this area and now, one more...me. The girlfriend and I just bought a house in Nanton Ab. and will be moving in April, just in time for the riding season. Al ( canuck rider )I know your just up the road in Okotoks, so looking forward to hooking up with you. Still have the Nomad and love to ride it.

colonel 01-01-2018 04:13 PM

Hi there Bdog and a Happy New Year to you! I live on the rock and visited Chewelah last August with the ride - hope to meet you soon. At -14C today in Nanton it seems positively balmy compared to Ft Mc at -22C...although at a toasty 1C today here at home I may go for a quick ride to celebrate the new year. Best wishes to all and have a great year!

canuckrider 01-01-2018 07:14 PM

Hey John! That's good news. Do you still plan to work in Fort Mac and just make the "commute"?

Let me know when you get settled in and we can hit the roads around the area. Maybe by then Eagle Eye will be done the rehab on his knees and ready to get back on the bike.

Hwy 533 west of Nanton to Chain Lakes is just a beautiful ride, especially going from east to west. I've lost count of how many times I've ridden it in either direction but still one of my favorites.

Bdog 01-02-2018 10:37 PM

Awesome Al, I knew eagle eye was down that way too. Really lookin forward to getting down there and getting as much riding in the area. Good to have a tour guide to ride along with too. My machine shop is going to be set up there too....its been in storage for the past 3 yrs. now. Yes we will be commuting by plane, nice and easy.

Bdog 01-02-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel (Post 696540)
Hi there Bdog and a Happy New Year to you! I live on the rock and visited Chewelah last August with the ride - hope to meet you soon. At -14C today in Nanton it seems positively balmy compared to Ft Mc at -22C...although at a toasty 1C today here at home I may go for a quick ride to celebrate the new year. Best wishes to all and have a great year!

Go for a ride for me too. What part of the rock are you from? My hometown is Nanaimo.

canuckrider 01-03-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdog (Post 696583)
My machine shop is going to be set up there too....its been in storage for the past 3 yrs. now.

Great! Might have to have you fab a few goodies for the Nomad!

Bdog 01-05-2018 09:41 AM

Any time Al

colonel 01-08-2018 12:19 AM

I live north end of Nanaimo. Played golf yesterday but raining cats and dogs today. Had a white Christmas this year, first in a while.

a340driver 01-12-2018 10:32 PM

Welcome, I've been to Nanton, nice town. I live in Langley BC now. If you come to the coast look me up!

Eagle Eye 02-15-2018 03:59 PM

Good to hear you're a lot closer Bdog. And yes I should be back riding this year. Looking forward to it.

canuckrider 02-20-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye (Post 698468)
Good to hear you're a lot closer Bdog. And yes I should be back riding this year. Looking forward to it.

Well that is definitely good news, Dan! Now if only Spring would hurry up and get here. I am getting very tired of Winter!

John, how are preparations for the move coming along? Still on target for April?

Bdog 02-27-2018 10:55 AM

Yup you betcha. Move in date is mar. 28th. Really looking forward to settling in the area and hookin up with old friends. We will probably take a month or two to semi move in then hopefully our place in Mac will sell and then another big move...geez I can see this move thing happening for about 4 months...oh well, it is what it is eh.

Rasta 03-04-2018 09:27 PM

Looked up Nanton to see where it is compared to Calgary and I see that it is just about an hour straight south. I will be hopefully in Calgary about the last week of July. Hopefully can meet up with some of you .

canuckrider 03-17-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasta (Post 699284)
Looked up Nanton to see where it is compared to Calgary and I see that it is just about an hour straight south. I will be hopefully in Calgary about the last week of July. Hopefully can meet up with some of you .

Rasta, that is great! Keep us posted as to your travel plans and we'll try to make it all happen.

canuckrider 03-17-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckrider (Post 698712)
Now if only Spring would hurry up and get here. I am getting very tired of Winter!

Just seeing my post from about a month ago. Well, with about a foot of snow falling in the past week we are no closer to seeing bare ground than we were in February! WTF???