Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ECU Flash from Ivan's Performance available (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43310)

Ivan_ipp 02-20-2016 06:21 PM

ECU Flash from Ivan's Performance available

Hi Guys,

Look what I have done for you guys.... more than a year has been invested in this project including the reverse engineering, software development, testing and tuning.

All the available info is on my site here:
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/vn1700.htm

The 2015 & up models should be available by 3-1-2016

Specific tech questions need to be directed directly to me at my shop by phone or by PM.

Thanks very much,

Ivan

UNCLE WILLIE 02-20-2016 10:21 PM

why don't u list 09-10 .. they should be same

Ivan_ipp 02-21-2016 06:03 AM

Most likely yes they are the same, but until I get one of the older ECU's and compare the file to the newer ones, it won't be added as a covered model.

I don't like to assume things and possibly make mistakes. :)

Ivan

recumbentbob 02-21-2016 10:26 AM

What do you charge?

captj3 02-21-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recumbentbob (Post 651661)
What do you charge?

According to his website the charge is $350 for the 1700 motor. Sounds interesting.

recumbentbob 02-21-2016 02:35 PM

Thanks I looked at his web site and didn't see a price.

TimLewis 02-21-2016 09:23 PM

anyone done this? were you happy?

Mrstrike 02-21-2016 10:18 PM

I was never a big fan of the 'jet pack' or add on programmers. I like the idea of actually programming/ tuning the ECU itself.

I just don't like the idea of being the first customer.

Snake Ranch 02-21-2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimLewis (Post 651701)
anyone done this? were you happy?

A coworker has a Honda ST1300. He put this on, and it was plug and play. He is extremely happy with the results. No more herky jerky in the lower rpm band and low gears. He commutes about an hour and a half each way and has a lot of real sharp twisties. Hi said the control is homogeneous now. I tried to buy one for my skoot at the time but there was nothing available at the time. I just bought a PCV and auto tune........ so I am going to finish with this before I try any thing else.:tup: Hope this helps:tup:

landman 02-21-2016 11:31 PM

this is a common mod on the concourse 14 and ninja 1000 forums.people seem to be very pleased with the results.

Peg 02-22-2016 03:14 AM

This has certainly caught my attention... I've been thinking I might upgrade my EJK to a PCV for a wee while, and now I'm wondering if this might be an even better all-round improvement... I've bookmarked Ivan's site to think on for a bit. A little googling for a review finds many, all of them glowing.

I can feel my wallet opening almost all by itself.

Mrstrike 02-22-2016 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landman (Post 651714)
this is a common mod on the concourse 14 and ninja 1000 forums.people seem to be very pleased with the results.

agreed.
I had this done to my connie and loved the results.
I had faith in the Tech doing the work, and agreed with their methodology (not max HP but max drive-ability ).

BUT ....
ECM tuning is not a One Size fits all. Its more like a craft beer maker.

you make something special, lots of time involved, and has a great results.
the key is, will enough people like it to make a positive endeavor?

I have followed ECM tuning with cars for 10+ years and its more about the Tech doing the work than the technology.
What I have learned on those 10 years is the only thing two ECM tuners can agree on is...

...is that third guy doesn't know what the F*&^ he is doing.. :lol:

hlknvlcn60 02-22-2016 10:58 AM

I just got off the phone with Ivan in NY this morning about reprogramming my ECU for my 2012 Vaquero and I can tell you this, he is a man very much in the know with what he does. I spoke with him at length and discussed everything about what he will be doing and the difference it will make in all aspects of how the motor runs from idle right to the top end rpm. He leaves nothing out when discussing the benefits of the changes and this could have everyone taking out the fuel processors from the 1700s permanently if you get it done. When I get mine back and run the bike I will give a report for all to know.

Zeineth 02-22-2016 12:59 PM

Ivan: I have a question only because I don't know. Will this ECU flash make better or worse or no change to the fuel economy? I ride two up and trailer allot I have VH Slips and Thunder Mfg. Tear Drop air with PCV. I would be interested in loosing the PCV but not at the cost of economy.

Also would you flash it is I was to make an appointment and ride the bike in and wait? Would rather spend money on gas to ride 6 hours from Canada then to pay shipping.

hlknvlcn60 02-22-2016 02:33 PM

Zeineth I would go right to his website and call him on the phone and talk to him personally, which is what Ivan prefers. He will then inform you of everything and let you know what your best option is. I know that the ECU comes out quickly and easily and it only takes an instant for him to flash the info into the unit. Your fuel economy will depend on how your intake and exhaust are set up partially but also with the load and weight you are carrying, who knows? I do know that he recommends running your bike without a fuel tuner but the PCV can be tuned for negative fueling as well and you might want to leave it in. Just call Ivan and talk to him. He can be reached at 845 268 1212 in NY hours M-F 10-6.