Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parts & Accessories (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Reckless motorcycle fairings w/VBA discount (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14676)

oldbikers 03-01-2010 04:27 PM

Reckless motorcycle fairings w/VBA discount

I have been working with Alex at Reckless Motorcycles on a price for his Fairings.
I talked to Alex this afternoon and here is what we came up with.

This is for the non stereo faring you install your own radio & speakers it comes with mounting brackets and your choice of a 5" or 8" windshield.
Price $315.00
shipping in the US $50.00
He said he could ship to Canada for about $75.00

When you go to his site to order or when you call, the VBA code is KAW14 you need this code to get this price.

Also some have asked about the speaker holes he said he can leave them solid but it will have a recess where the holes should be.

The radio opening is 8 1/2" X 3 1/2" which works for a marine splash cover and a standard single din radio.

In a few months he will start making the fairing with 6" and 6"x9" speaker holes.

He also has tour pak like Harleys that he said he would get me a price on it in a few days

If you would send me a PM when you order one as I may be able to use the amount of sales to get lower prices on other things.

Also I told him after we get our fairings painted and mounted some of us would send him a picture so he could us it on his site.

This is for the 1500 and 1600 Nomad

Here is his web site:
www.recklessmotorcycles.com/

txtimberwolf 03-02-2010 07:38 AM

Reckless motorcycle fairings w/KawaNOW discoun

Thanks for putting so much effort into this for all of us. I was worried i was going to have to shell out mega bucks to set up my Nad, but with guys like you hunting down great deals i might bealbe to go somewhere when i get it decked out lol. Again thanks

nomad561 03-02-2010 08:21 AM

Thanks oldbikers
I am going to get one of these fairing but I would prefer it with the 6x9 speakers so I might have to wait.

nomad561 03-02-2010 05:37 PM

This is the reply I received from Alex about the fairings with the 6x9 cutouts.

"not yet,maybe in 2 months."

oldbikers 03-03-2010 10:24 AM

I owe everyone an apology I misunderstood Alex when I spoke with him the code should be KAW14 I have tried it and it works. Sorry Jim

rhunt4 03-04-2010 07:00 PM

that has to be the best deal there is

caper 03-04-2010 09:33 PM

Thanks Oldbikers . I have booked it for later when I am ready for a fairing:)

tazfl 03-07-2010 01:49 PM

I saved this to my favorites for future reference. Has anyone recieved one of these fairings? If so how is the quality and if you got one with the stereo installed how is the sound system?

oldbikers 03-08-2010 06:55 PM

I ordered mine today Alex said I was the first one to order on his web site he said some had used e-bay. I got mine with just the 2 outer speakers holes and the radio hole cut out I left the 2 center holes closed maybe I will mount a Gage or GPS in those spots.

josh 03-09-2010 08:17 AM

I was thinking that down the road at some point, after I get a nomad, and after I get a fairing that I would do the same thing, but would put the gps in the left hole and maybe a cb in the right

cactusjack 03-09-2010 11:58 AM

I made this thread "sticky" so it stays at the top of the page and will be easy for everyone to find.

oldbikers 03-09-2010 04:24 PM

Thanks CJ I was getting tired of trying to keep it up top.

06nad 03-09-2010 04:48 PM

Anyone have one of these already installed. I would like to see how it looks on a bike.

MikeInFla 03-10-2010 09:53 PM

I'd be interested in someone letting me know what kind of wind noise, actual wind protection, how did it effect your gas mileage and did more air flow come below the fairing as opposed to lowers.

cactusjack 03-10-2010 10:20 PM

I wanted to have a fairing on my bike very soon. I don't care for the 4 speakers in front, but I don't like to have to wait 2 months to get one with 2 6" speaker holes. I guess I wait, then.