Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New from AZ.... (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33364)

seemlezdesign 04-25-2013 01:23 PM

New from AZ....

My name is Jason and I just recently purchased a 13' Vaquero...I was in the market for a Victory XC or a HD Road Glide but ended up choosing the Vaquero since I couldn't see justifying the price of the other 2 bikes for limited difference if any in performance/styling...plus I love the flat black of the bike....

My first bike, which I still have/ride, is an 08 zx6r...funny thing is that I went into the dealership looking at a zx14 to add to my garage but couldn't take my eyes off of the Vaquero...and it's easier on a passenger.

Anyway I only have a couple hundred miles under my belt on the Vaquero but I love riding this thing...can't seem to get enough...and now I want to make it my own with custom touches...ape hangers, blacked out pipes, performance upgrades to name a few...

Anyway enough of my story, just wanted to introduce myself sorry for the lengthy intro....

http://seemlezdesign.com/Vaquero.jpg

Old Bear 04-25-2013 01:27 PM

Welcome from Tennessee!

Hey, we like real introductions, as well as pictures, so you're two for two! And I hope the dealer told you to not touch that flat black with wax, or you'll be soorrrryyyy!
Beautiful bike, by the way.

cactusjack 04-25-2013 01:31 PM

Welcome aboard from Chandler!

seemlezdesign 04-25-2013 01:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome, yeah basically a spray down and a soft cloth to clean...any rubbing on this thing and my flat black will turn glossy...

I am still getting use to it, and since it's in the break-in period can't really get on it to much but I am loving the way it rides...at first I looked like a baby deer when I came to a stoplight since it weighs pretty much double then my other bike but I think I finally am getting the hang of stopping....

Top Cat 04-25-2013 01:45 PM

Glad to hear you chose a Kawasaki over a Harley or Victory.
We have some Contributors here who think Harleys and Victorys are the greatest thing ever. :tehe:

elvis 04-25-2013 02:03 PM

Welcome and congrats on your new bike. The Vaquero is my favorite bike in the current Kawasaki line up and hope you have a great time riding it.

But Tim is right, Harleys and Victorys are the greatest thing ever 8-).

seemlezdesign 04-25-2013 02:05 PM

Yeah to each his own, of course I wanted a Harley since it's the foundation of what a bagger is (mainstream wise anyway) which then turned me to the Victory XC which is a beautiful bike but honestly I couldn't see spending $5000+ dollars more for it...all in all I am satisfied with the Vaquero...last time I test rode a HD it broke down in the middle of an intersection and trying to push that thing was nearly impossible. Can't beat a 6 year 0$ deduct with unlimited miles service contract (and 5 year tire/wheel contract)....

seemlezdesign 04-25-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvis (Post 505761)
Welcome and congrats on your new bike. The Vaquero is my favorite bike in the current Kawasaki line up and hope you have a great time riding it.

But Tim is right, Harleys and Victorys are the greatest thing ever 8-).

I have nothing against any other bikes, to each his own...if I had a choice (and funds) I would own one of each....

elvis 04-25-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seemlezdesign (Post 505763)
...if I had a choice (and funds) I would own one of each....

The same here.

I suppose what's happening so far and might get even better later is part of indoctrination to the forums, you'll get to know members pretty soon.

Having said that this site has great people and lots of useful info.

Enjoy your ride!

jasperboy 04-25-2013 03:43 PM

Welcome from Ohio, beautiful bike.

I don't tempt myself by looking at new ones so I was unaware they did a flat black.

As for the other options you passed on I have to agree that they all build beautiful bikes, but for myself and many others the extra cost for "prestige" is better spent on accesories.

Again welcome to the group.

Sin City Stan 04-25-2013 03:53 PM

:wave: Welcome from Sin City, Nevada. :wave:

waterman 04-25-2013 05:21 PM

Welcome from Colorado.

Duffer 04-25-2013 05:30 PM

Welcome from Pembroke, Ontario - the Heart of the Ottawa Valley :tup:

Loafer 04-25-2013 06:13 PM

I'd like a Vaquero, but I prefer the red so far. Welcome to the forum, enjoy!

ringadingh 04-25-2013 06:36 PM

Welcome from Ontario!