Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   SouthWest Group (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Laughlin River Run or SW Rally (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26174)

HONZO 02-07-2012 11:50 AM

Laughlin River Run or SW Rally

Being new to riding and this forum I have some decisions to make. I was discussing with the family 'wife' about the Laughlin River Run and the SW Rally and going to both.

This might be one time she is right. With limited time off work, funds, kids etc... Maybe I should save some resources for a family vacation.

So at this time I need to choose between the two. :lmao:

Can anyone share in more detail what happens at these events. I went to Daytona bike week during spring break once but I was not sober enough to remember the experience. 'I think I had a good time'.

From I gather and I have friends going to the River Run, the difference is one would be about partying and the other would be about riding.

A little help for the newbie please.

cactusjack 02-07-2012 12:13 PM

If you want to go to a small town with 50,000 other bikers, then go to Laughlin. It will be a very Harley-oriented bunch of people.

If you want to go to a small town with a couple dozen members of this forum and go on some amazing rides, then go to Kanab. And you'll only have to deal with one or two Harley-oriented folks. :D

trosco 02-07-2012 03:07 PM

The regional and National VBA rallies are about riding and socializing. You probably won't see any naked young women and there will probably be no arrests at a VBA rally (not that I object to those things mind you). I haven't been to the alternative you are considering but sort of sounds like there will be more of that there?
I have met some really great folks at the VBA rallys I've gone to. When you add to that the SW rally being based in Kanab which means smack dab in the middle of one of the most beautiful areas in this whole country it was a easy decision for me. And I will ride over 2500 miles just to get there!

coacha 02-07-2012 03:21 PM

Speaking as someone that has attended Daytona for Bike Week and Biketoberfest, along with all the VBA stuff in the SE region and the two nationals, I'd vote for the VBA rally. The riding is spectacular, the friendships developed with fellow members is outstanding and if you're lucky, you will get to have a few beverages to boot!

cactusjack 02-07-2012 03:46 PM

Oh, and I forgot to add...the chance of getting shot in a gunfight between two 1% clubs is very low at the VBA rally! :D

I have been on all the rides planned for the rally, so the scenery is nothing new to me. The main reason I am going to Kanab is to see the friends I have made over the past 5 years on this forum.

blowndodge 02-07-2012 03:56 PM

You got friends here?? Where?? I don't see no stinkin' friends!!! :lmao:

cactusjack 02-07-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blowndodge (Post 402531)
You got friends here?? Where?? I don't see no stinkin' friends!!! :lmao:

Well, I thought I did. Maybe I was wrong?

usranger74 02-07-2012 06:23 PM

I think you framed the question right when you said

"From I gather and I have friends going to the River Run, the difference is one would be about partying and the other would be about riding."

I will take "riding" any day as I did not buy a Nomad to "party".

Sin City Stan 02-07-2012 08:48 PM

Been to both. If I had ti make a choice I'd go to the VBA Rally hands down. As said before, the River Run is for partying and the Ralley is for riding. To each his own. I might take a Saturday run to Laughlin just to look around. It depends how hot it is. The last time I was there for the River Run it was sizzling.

markclark57 02-07-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cactusjack (Post 402554)
Well, I thought I did. Maybe I was wrong?

You do. :yep: We could ride before the rally too. :hmm:

BTW, Laughlin is the sort of stuff that I avoid. I'll be enjoying the Kanab experience. :tup:

waterman 02-07-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cactusjack (Post 402528)
Oh, and I forgot to add...the chance of getting shot in a gunfight between two 1% clubs is very low at the VBA rally! :D

OK, that does it. I'm not coming.:lmao:

waterman 02-07-2012 09:44 PM

As everyone has said, VBA rallies are about the riding and friendships. I have met people from across the nation and when I travel and know they are close by I try to meet up with them (yes, this does include BD). Very good times are too be had.

As far as the partying, that is after the rides are over. Break out the cigars and whiskey.

Netnorske 02-07-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterman (Post 402621)
As everyone has said, VBA rallies are about the riding and friendships. I have met people from across the nation and when I travel and know they are close by I try to meet up with them (yes, this does include BD). Very good times are too be had.

As far as the partying, that is after the rides are over. Break out the cigars and TEQUILA.

I think everyone here will pick the VBA Rally....especially those who have attended. I've been to four of them now, with two more planned for this year. Each has been a great time with great people. This will be my second SW Rally and I'm riding down from the Seattle area to attend. The group rides by day and cocktails/cigars and bullshit by night are all top shelf stuff. Meeting the people from the forum in person changes your perspective and creates a greater bond among us all, no matter what part of the country you come from. I hope you'll join us in Kanab....:cheers:!

BTW....your riding friends are welcome to join you at the SW VBA Rally...it's not a bike specific deal and guests are always welcome. Just no shootouts at the Bob-Bon Inn please....:tup:.

HONZO 02-07-2012 11:05 PM

I appreciate everyones input. I have decided, I will just have to find a way to do both. Call me young and/or dumb but both events sound like a blast.

Young naked woman or riding, friendship, whiskey, and cigars... Are you sure there isnt a way to work something out. :lol:

blowndodge 02-07-2012 11:31 PM

If you would have said "young naked men" Scott would have been on his way to the River Run!!! :lmao: