Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Support & Feedback (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Feedback System! (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31538)

Admin 12-13-2012 12:40 AM

New Feedback System!

We now have the iTrader Buyer/Seller feedback system! :yep:

Please use this for any past or future dealings with other members in the commerce sections.

It can be found by visiting the members profile.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Enjoy! :tup:

ChiefK 12-13-2012 01:54 AM

okay...I'll bite....what the heck is iTrader?

toy4bob 12-13-2012 02:10 AM

You can rate how transaction went with other members

Admin 12-13-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

okay...I'll bite....what the heck is iTrader?
-----

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 479454)
iTrader Buyer/Seller feedback system! :yep:

Please use this for any past or future dealings with other members in the commerce sections.

toy4bob 12-13-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 479454)
We now have the iTrader Buyer/Seller feedback system! :yep:

It can be found by visiting the members profile.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Enjoy! :tup:

I tried to leave feedback, got the following error:

There was an error in your deal details!

Netnorske 12-13-2012 09:14 AM

Is this something we really need.....we're not Ebay here...:???:?? I think if someone has had a bad experience with another member, they usually just air it out on the forum. Can only recall seeing that once since I joined in 2008....just sayin'....:shrug:.

blowndodge 12-13-2012 10:06 AM

I'm at a loss as to why this was felt more important. Reminds me of Obamacare..

Jared 12-13-2012 10:46 AM

Is this suppose to resemble the old "karma" from back in the day?

Maybe we ought to give Tim a bunch of negative "feedback" again.

Top Cat 12-13-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utah Motorcyclist (Post 479526)
Is this suppose to resemble the old "karma" from back in the day?

Maybe we ought to give Tim a bunch of negative "feedback" again.

No,NO No, this is not like the karma thing. I liked the negative karma on the other site as it had to do with not being liked :D
This is totally different, it has to do with how you treat others in a business transaction.I may be abrasive at times on here but I am honest and trustworthy in my selling and buying. I value my 100% positive rating on Ebay and would have one on here as well. :yep:

I agree with Kris, this seems like something we really don't have a need for.

Old Bear 12-13-2012 01:55 PM

I just put in feedback for Ray, no issues. I can see the need for this from both sides. For those that are on here all the time, we quickly learn who is stand-up, or maybe not so much. For the newbies however, they are not going to dig through years of posts to glean that "oh crap, stay away from that guy!" post! Sort of reminds me of my current situation ... ah, I was never accused of being the sharpest stick in the bunch anyway.

Jared 12-13-2012 02:09 PM

Safest bet is to not mail the item until payment has been received. Seems pretty straight forward to me. :shrug:

Kawhead 12-13-2012 02:25 PM

But, then folks like Top C. won't send the payment until the item is received. :ohno:

Admin 12-13-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blowndodge (Post 479517)
I'm at a loss as to why this was felt more important.

More important than what? :???:

If you don't want to use, don't. If you want to, use it. Simple.

And this will definitely help people out, especially new members, like already stated. Obviously if someone has a lot of bad feedback, you're not going to deal with them. Lots of forums use this (including ones I'm involved in), and the members overwhelmingly love it. :shrug:

You're welcome. :tup:

Admin 12-13-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utah Motorcyclist (Post 479552)
Safest bet is to not mail the item until payment has been received. Seems pretty straight forward to me. :shrug:

I would hope that's what people do.. but how does that help the buyer? What if he gets a box of rocks? lmao

Old Bear 12-13-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utah Motorcyclist (Post 479552)

It's usually the buyer, not the seller, getting hosed. So I send you a payment for a new widget. You:
1-never send the widget and swear you never received payment
2-send a broken or used or wrong model widget, and refuse to do anything about it
3-finally send the new widget, but only after a couple of months, twenty posts, and finally a "visit" from friends in the area to show you the errors of your ways

And yes, the reverse can happen. The buyer can reverse charges, file bogus complaints against you cuz he didn't like your haircut, etc.

It would be nice to know this is going on. Of course, if you are a true dirtbag, you'll just join under a different name and do it all over again. After awhile though, the "good" sellers (and buyers) will rise to the top. One look at a long list of near-perfect reviews, and the buyer (and seller) will know who he can trust to do business with!:tup: