Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Anyone collect Pocketwatches? (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23797)

Hacksaw 09-01-2011 11:16 AM

Anyone collect Pocketwatches?

I apologize if this isn't the proper spot, Some time ago I stored some belongings for a family friend while he was battling cancer, some time back he passed and i've just started going through some things.

I have a Swiss Army Pocket Watch, with leather case and what looks like silver or sterling chain. anyone who may be interested, just shoot me a PM, no idea what's it's worth if much or be open to trade for goodies. I don't need it and would rather it go to someone who enjoys them.

Hacksaw 09-01-2011 11:21 AM

forgot to attach the pic

AlabamaNomadRider 09-01-2011 02:24 PM

Good looking watch. I don't know the value of anything like that but I am interested. I have a lot of watches and one pocket watch. PM sent.

ringadingh 09-01-2011 03:15 PM

My brother is a watch collector, mainly wristwatches. I'll show it to him and see if he knows anything about them.

Hacksaw 09-01-2011 03:18 PM

I have no idea what it's age would be....I suppose there are ways but I dunno!

ringadingh 09-01-2011 03:22 PM

Guys that know about watches have a good idea about the age. At first glance I don't think that is a real old watch, but its a nice one. Does it work?

Hacksaw 09-01-2011 03:30 PM

I know it did, I've had it stored for about 4 years. He passed away just under a year ago and this morning I finally got around to going through those things. I assume it needs a battery by now.

ringadingh 09-01-2011 03:35 PM

I assumed it was a mechanical wind up watch, if it takes a battery its a quartz watch and they are not that popular among watch collectors. Its just a everyday use watch.

Hacksaw 09-01-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringadingh
I assumed it was a mechanical wind up watch, if it takes a battery its a quartz watch and they are not that popular among watch collectors. Its just a everyday use watch.

ya know...I never thought of that..lol, I'll try winding it up!

Hacksaw 09-01-2011 05:57 PM

ok here's what I've decided to do with it, in an effort to "pay it forward" like the free Frogg Togg's I got from Cheryl and T.C. :) :) :)

AlabamaNomadRider you were the first to say you wanted it, if you don't plan on reselling it shoot me your address and I'll get it to you no charge. If you don't want it 'll go down the list from there.

glwilson 09-01-2011 06:41 PM

Geez... put me second in line then. I won't resell it and would wear it when riding.

If Gene doesn't take it that is.

chainsaw 09-01-2011 09:24 PM

Third in line. Why not sell it and if you don't want the money, donate it to Kawanow or a charity of choice. I'm just sayin.

AlabamaNomadRider 09-02-2011 03:30 AM

Hacksaw I don't plan on reselling it. I never sell anything or so my wife says. Be happy to have it and will definitely pay some and the shipping.

billmac 09-03-2011 03:23 PM

Put me 4th in line. :)

Hacksaw 09-03-2011 04:35 PM

Gene was first, he wants it..he's got it, thanks everyone