Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   SouthEast Group (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   My dad (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45666)

coacha 03-21-2017 01:49 PM

My dad

I didn't post anything when this happened because I really couldn't bring myself to do so.

My dad passed away on March 7 while in hospice care in my hometown in Ohio. He did so on his terms and without pain. He had taken ill the prior weekend. I did get to his bedside before he passed. He recognized me, we exchanged I love you's and he never spoke again. He was 88 years young.

All my boys and Miss Tammy came up for the funeral. I delivered the eulogy...the toughest thing I've ever done.

I realize life is a terminal deal but when you say goodbye to your dad and the last of his generation in the family, you lose a lot. I caught myself getting ready to call him on Sunday night...our usual night to talk. It will take some time to break that habit, I'm sure.

See everyone on the road sometime this spring or summer. Serious seat time is needed I think.

goose 03-21-2017 01:53 PM

Ron, almost a year to the date my dad passed too.
And yes I still catch myself wanting or needing to call him.
I hope you're okay buddy, if I can help please let me know...

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

cactusjack 03-21-2017 02:17 PM

Ron,

I am so sorry for your loss. I offer my condolences to your family.

My father passed away January 16, 1980, just 4 days after his 61st birthday. He didn't live to see my children. I was only 20 years old.

JD Hog 03-21-2017 02:37 PM

So sorry to hear this, prayers to you and your family. I lost my dad in '06 and my mom in '15. Makes you look at your own life differently.

Bud2rat 03-21-2017 04:31 PM

Sorry for your loss Ron, it is hard, but GOD can and will carrying you this tough time in your life. Prayers and thoughts sent your way buddy.

ringadingh 03-21-2017 06:58 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that Ron, you have my prayers and condolences to you and your family.

Top Cat 03-21-2017 10:11 PM

Sorry for your loss Ron.
It is always sad and stressful to lose a loved one.
Remember the happy times you spent together.

Kawalski Rider 03-22-2017 12:32 AM

My condolences about the loss of your Dad... Many of us know your pain.
Take comfort in family and friends. They will help you through these painful and troubling times.

vince 03-22-2017 08:31 AM

Sorry for your loss Ron. Our thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

ldhthept 03-22-2017 11:53 AM

As KRider said and praying for you and your family.

BudMan 03-22-2017 02:49 PM

Crystal and I offer our sincere condolences on the loss of your father.
Your family will be in our prayers.

tomm 03-22-2017 09:20 PM

Very sorry Ron to hear that you lost your Dad. Knowing that he was able to leave on his terms however is a great gift he left you and will eventually bring you comfort.

VulcanE 03-23-2017 03:45 PM

Ron, so sorry to hear about this, Our prayers are wit you and your family. My dad passed about 2 1/2 years ago, and I still miss him, time helps, but doesn't completely heal. Be safe my friend.

Kawhead 03-23-2017 06:13 PM

Hey Ron, This really hits home with me because my dads day is coming soon. A few years from now I hope. I've never been able to deliver a eulogy being close to someone. I still find times when I have to call him to ask him questions about things that I don't know the answer to. When I was a little fellow I use to think he was the smartest man in the world and wondered literally why he wasn't the President, then when I was a teenager and a twentyager I knew it all.:ohno: Now I'm well into my fifties and damn I think he's smart again. I think I've turned into him and granddaddy. Well, half of them. :hmm: They were both bad asses.

I know this isn't easy to cope with. Just try to handle it the way he would have and I promise you it'll be alright.

Over the last few years when I had some problem to deal with I've told Daddy, I'm not worried about this, "You and my mean ass Mama raised me".

Take care my friend.

And thanks for posting Ron.

Yellow Jacket 03-23-2017 08:49 PM

Ron, I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your dad.

I pray that God will comfort you and Tammy.

Bob