Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   NorthEast Group (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Looking forward to next year (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46405)

cnc 07-24-2017 11:31 AM

Looking forward to next year

At the national in lake george some folks talked of heading east to Cape Breton next summer as a group. Here is a short vid from Harley with a few shots of the Cabot trail as a teaser. Click on maritime ride then the 3rd video.
https://pages.m.harley-davidson.ca/commonground

tomm 07-25-2017 11:11 AM

I think it would make for a great event. Riding the Cabot Trail is just plain spectacular, and it would be nice to do it with someone who really knows the area.

Sue and I are in, and I'm pretty certain that Michael and Shanna would be in as well.

Top Cat 07-25-2017 03:08 PM

Cindy and I would be up for it also.
She would need a set date ahead of time to get the needed time of of course.

fish 07-25-2017 04:00 PM

I think Tim and myself need several days head start. If I don't get another bike well will be trailering.

Top Cat 07-25-2017 04:36 PM

I planned a trip out there a couple years ago when Cindy expressed an interest in going there someday.
2600 miles round trip, hell we went 5000 on our trip to Colorado.
I had my Nomad and she had her 750 Honda Shadow.

cnc 07-25-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish (Post 689485)
I think Tim and myself need several days head start. If I don't get another bike well will be trailering.

What is wrong with your bike Larry?

onesherpa 07-25-2017 09:37 PM

Mary and I are in. The tough part is having to wait a year to go!

cnc 07-26-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomm (Post 689475)
I think it would make for a great event. Riding the Cabot Trail is just plain spectacular, and it would be nice to do it with someone who really knows the area.

Sue and I are in, and I'm pretty certain that Michael and Shanna would be in as well.

There is another green briefs rider living down that way, oh Patroit where are you:D

ringadingh 07-26-2017 09:05 AM

The Cabot Trail would be an excellent ride, its absolutely beautiful there, Its a ride Ive always wanted to do on the bike. If I'm able I'll try to make that one next season.

cnc 07-26-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Cat (Post 689483)
Cindy and I would be up for it also.
She would need a set date ahead of time to get the needed time of of course.

I'm sure we can figure out a date that works for all well in advance. I'll have to check my work schedule too.:hmm:

fish 07-26-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnc (Post 689499)
What is wrong with your bike Larry?

I don't think I lost more than a couple of ounces of oil from that seal. When we got home I was a quart low :ohno:. Its been using some oil before the rally. It has 74,+++ miles on it.

Top Cat 07-26-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish (Post 689539)
I don't think I lost more than a couple of ounces of oil from that seal. When we got home I was a quart low :ohno:. Its been using some oil before the rally. It has 74,+++ miles on it.

You need to put some kind of adhesive on that seal next time it comes out.
74,000 miles on a Nomad is not that much. I had 88,000 on my 07 and have 54,000 on my 08. You could buy my 08 :yep: I'm sure it would make the trip with no problem.
Or maybe a nice Victory would be good :D

cnc 07-26-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish (Post 689539)

Carry some oil with you and Check it a few times during the trip. As for the seal, as Tim says glue it in. 3m 5200 is what I would use. It is a high performance sealant glue far superior to silicone sealant.

cnc 07-26-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringadingh (Post 689524)
The Cabot Trail would be an excellent ride, its absolutely beautiful there, Its a ride Ive always wanted to do on the bike. If I'm able I'll try to make that one next season.

Been quite awhile since we've seen you at a rally Steve, would be great to see you. When we get into discussions about dates let us know what would work for you. Only concern other than best time for best weather is last week of July, 1st week of August is construction holiday for Quebec. Not the best time for the trip as a good part of the Quebec population is on holidays and head out in all directions.

fish 07-26-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnc (Post 689558)
Carry some oil with you and Check it a few times during the trip. As for the seal, as Tim says glue it in. 3m 5200 is what I would use. It is a high performance sealant glue far superior to silicone sealant.

I was going to ask you what the name of that sealant was. and like Amin said get a new seal just incase.