Vulcan Bagger Forums

Vulcan Bagger Forums (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/index.php)
-   NorthWest Group (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Dealership Closing. Bellingham, WA. (http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30792)

elvis 10-14-2012 11:50 PM

75% OFF - Dealership Closing. Bellingham, WA.

http://www.mtbakerharley.com/mt-bake...rship-closing/

They have some deals till the end of this month.

As I type, it's 75% off:

http://www.mtbakerharley.com/event/s...il-we-close-3/

AlabamaNomadRider 10-15-2012 03:46 AM

Always hate to hear of dealers closing.

Monkeyman 10-15-2012 05:18 AM

Head, owner of Mt. Baker Harley-Davidson at 1421 N. State St., said “It was a difficult decision to close. We’ve been successful since I took over in early 2010 due to fantastic employees. Unfortunately, we've found that most Harley-Davidson riders actually prefer Victory motorcycles which are a much better machine.".

Loafer 10-15-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeyman (Post 467879)
Head, owner of Mt. Baker Harley-Davidson at 1421 N. State St., said “It was a difficult decision to close. We’ve been successful since I took over in early 2010 due to fantastic employees. Unfortunately, we've found that most Harley-Davidson riders actually prefer Victory motorcycles which are a much better machine.".

That's just mean.

Never heard of a HD dealership closing because there is no future growth.
I thought they ran a HD dealership because they loved the motorcycles and
wanted everyone to have fun with them. The business aspect was just a way
for them to make a living. If you build it, they will come.

smbke 10-15-2012 08:26 AM

No future growth. Does that mean that everyone already has a $40 Harley T-shirt from Bellingham?

ringadingh 10-15-2012 09:01 AM

It only took him two years to close the doors, I wonder if it was his management skills that led to their closing. You don't hear of too many HD dealers closing shop, although the one in Toronto closed last year after they moved to a much larger location, out of the downtown core.

chucks1911 10-15-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

This HD owner disagrees. But you go ahead and beat on whichever brand makes you happy.

Yellow Jacket 10-15-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucks1911 (Post 467989)
This HD owner disagrees. But you go ahead and beat on whichever brand makes you happy.

Don't take it personal Chuck.

Personally, I think the Harley brand has great bikes. However, it is a fact of life that a certain percentage of Harley owners have a serious attitude issue. They don't hesitate to cast spurious and denigrating remarks about other makes of bikes and their owners. It's only natural for those folks to lash back once in a while. I doubt if it will ever change on either side.

As for me, I really don't care what kind of bike anyone chooses to ride. I'm more interested in the people than their choice of bike.

Friends are way more important than a mere bike.

cactusjack 10-15-2012 05:39 PM

Arrogance and brand bias are not the sole province of HD owners, apparently.

The story states the lease is up, and more than likely HD would require them to move into a larger, "superstore" building in a prime off-freeway location with mucho overhead and it probably isn't economically feasible. There's 9 other dealers in the greater Seattle area and the nearest one is Skagit HD, a scant 20 miles away.

It's also possible that this dealer has a bad reputation with the local HD crowd. I don't know that, just guessing.

elvis 10-15-2012 06:16 PM

Too bad that this thread seems to reignite the flame between H-D and metric bike owners/riders. Just too bad because my purpose was to let WA members know of the special deals offered at that dealership.

I have been to the dealer that is closing, it's conveniently located downtown and I wanted to check their business hours to plan for my Electra's first service. And I find out that they are closing...

The location of Skagit H-D is not too bad, either. I will check them out.

elvis 10-15-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucks1911 (Post 467989)

Hi Chuck, you're about 16,000 HOG members ahead of me. How do you like the 103 ci motor and 6-speed tranny?

Cajunrider 10-15-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

As they say, opinions are like @$$holes....everybody has one. I've just never heard a Harley rider mention victory other than when discussing a football game.

cactusjack 10-15-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvis (Post 468020)
Too bad that this thread seems to reignite the flame between H-D and metric bike owners/riders.

Look who lit the fire, it wasn't one of us. :D

Quote:

Just too bad because my purpose was to let WA members know of the special deals offered at that dealership.

I have been to the dealer that is closing, it's conveniently located downtown and I wanted to check their business hours to plan for my Electra's first service. And I find out that they are closing...

The location of Skagit H-D is not too bad, either. I will check them out.
Just curious....you don't have a dealer on your side of the border? Is it cheaper to come to the US for service? Not surprising if that's the case.

Yellow Jacket 10-15-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cactusjack (Post 468009)
Arrogance and brand bias are not the sole province of HD owners, apparently. . .

I agree totally, Scott.

I really wish it could stop from all sides. It serves no purpose but to alienate others.

Sadly, I'm not going to hold my breath, human nature being what it is.

elvis 10-15-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cactusjack (Post 468029)
Look who lit the fire, it wasn't one of us. :D

Yeah, I see that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cactusjack (Post 468029)
Just curious....you don't have a dealer on your side of the border? Is it cheaper to come to the US for service? Not surprising if that's the case.

My dealer is only about 4 miles away from me and I really like the sales people there.

The service dept pissed me off though so I am looking for a good shop that I can get my regular service done during the warranty period.

Also the labour rates are much better in WA than they are in B.C.

Plus, it makes for a nice trip down to WA.