PDA

View Full Version : FRONT END SHAKE ME880???

spirello
08-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I HAVE A 2006 NAD I RECENTLY PUT METZLER MARATHONS ON. IT SEEMS TO MAKE THE FRONT END SHAKE AND WOBBLE AT CERTAIN SPEEDS. I USE TO GET THAT WITH THE STOCK TIRES ON BUT NOT THIS MUCH ANYBODY HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM?

trip
08-06-2007, 11:10 AM
spirello,
I just last week had ME880's put on the front and back. No wobble or shake. I'd take the bike back and have them look at it and possibly rebalance the front wheel.

blowndodge
08-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Tripster, why did you go the ME's?? When it's time for me I'm thinking the Elite III's are supposed to be good and from what I've heard GW's come with them? I can see my Stone @ 4K is half gone. Any info is appreciated.

trip
08-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I've been thinking of getting some Elite's too. The ME880's don't seem to last as long, but they are excellent tires. I decided to have ME's installed again because I didn't want to 'test' anything while I'm gone to Utah. After I wear this set down, I'll take a long, hard look at the Elites.

08-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I've been thinking of getting some Elite's too. The ME880's don't seem to last as long, but they are excellent tires. I decided to have ME's installed again because I didn't want to 'test' anything while I'm gone to Utah. After I wear this set down, I'll take a long, hard look at the Elites.

If you get the chance while in Utah go ride through Zion National Park - You won't regret it!! It doesn't take too long to ride from one end to the other but it sure is perdy!

08-06-2007, 02:46 PM
You all know I put he Maxxis MT90 on the Nomad... I went back to the shop after 1 day because it did't track straight when I took my hands off the handlebars... he told me to ride it a while that it would straighten out... well... after the first 100 miles it tracked straight as an arrow... so he was right...... let the tire get broken in.... it will probably stop...

dragon57
08-07-2007, 09:42 AM
I have ME880's on mine; front and rear both; no shake at any speed.

blowndodge
08-07-2007, 10:28 AM
"it did't track straight when I took my hands off the handlebars.."

You plan on riding behind me right?????????

socwkbiker
08-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah blowndodge, I don't want to see Nico doing the handsfree thing either.

Todd
08-07-2007, 02:39 PM
I am seriously considering the ME880's too. Have about 7k on my factory stones and it's time to start thinking about a rear replacement. I ride ALOT 2 up with my wife on the back and through twisties...Anyone tried the 880 (radial) on the back with the stock stone on the front...usually dont like to mix but hey, who see's the rear tire on the Nomad anyway! as long as it rides and tracks good.......

08-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Kinda my trademark... especially coming off freeway exits.... downshift to 4th or 3rd and fly like an eagle arms spread. (airs out the armpits real well too!)

<marquee>FLY LIKE AN EAGLE!!</marquee>