PDA

View Full Version : WTB Pop-Up Camping trailer...

namvet
03-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I'll be 62 this year and I found out last fall on my trip to Sturgis SD that my tent camping days are far behind me and with the cost of motels.... So I have been looking on the Internet for info on motorcycle camping trailers. Looking at the Bunkhouse ( Lil B), the Aspen Sentry and the Excel from Lees-ure Lite. All of which are very nice, but costly ($3600 and up). I then found a Mini Mate, smaller but priced at $2850. Anyone that has any info on any of these trailers, plz post so I can try to make up my mind. If anyone has one they want to sell, let me know your price and condition and I'll ride over and pick it up.

chainsaw
03-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Have you looked on E-Bay or Craigs list?

cactusjack
03-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Here's another place to look: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing/start

You can sign up for free and all they talk about is towing with a motorcycle. Lots of stuff for sale, too.

oldbikers
03-25-2009, 08:04 AM
You can also check the GWRRA site the goldwing guys are always selling campers.

misunderstood
03-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Have you seen their video demo

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9012483638139902289

namvet
03-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Heading to Mashfield WI next week to pick up a 2000 Bunkhouse LX, Looks pretty good in the pictures. I found it on the Gold Wing forums. Also they have a Lees-Ure Lite listed, owner told me that he would bring it from Tx to Il, if needed. He was asking $3500 it is a 2004 model. There is a nice 2006 Lees-ure Lite on Ebay, present bid is $3000. I went with the bunkhouse, price was cheaper and you still have the cargo space within the trailer. I have a hitch on the way from Chuck and should have everything together and working within a few weeks. I just need to get the camper home and get it wired to the bike. I am going to use a five wire Isolator harness from McHitch as this is a older trailer that does not have LED lighting and I want to protect the bike's wiring as much as I can. Also this spring I got around to installing the strebal horn and I got a 200 amp speaker system from Cycle Tunes installed, with chrome waterproof speakers, wired to my satellite radio and last my Zumo 450. So I am ready to go places this year...lol

chainsaw
03-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Sounds good Namvet. I still say Motel 6 is my idea of camping. Tried it a few times. Just not my thing. Glad you enjoy it, keeps you young.