PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Utah?

Jared
03-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Just checking to see if there are any member in Utah? I'd love to meet up with some other nomad riders.

dantama
03-23-2009, 07:14 PM
One of the real quality guys on the board sold his last fall, he was from Toelle? < two ill a.

I can't think of any others right off.

I was from Salt Lake 3 years ago.

waterman
03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Utah,

Here is a list of everyone and is sorted by the state they live in.

http://www.kawanow.org/kawanowmembers.htm

dantama
03-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Utah,

Holy sh*t waterman, where'd you find that?

Here's another map, but Waterman's link might be better cause you have to put yourself on this map. It shows a couple more in Utah other than wolfman who sold his.

http://www.kawanow.org/mapping.htm

waterman
03-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Utah,

Holy sh*t waterman, where'd you find that?

Here's another map, but Waterman's link might be better cause you have to put yourself on this map. It shows a couple more in Utah other than wolfman who sold his.

http://www.kawanow.org/mapping.htm

Dan,

Go above where there are a number of Kawanow links. There is one that say Kawanow Members. Click on that and in the new window, there is a place that say click here and it opens the site I listed above.

cactusjack
03-23-2009, 11:03 PM
One of the real quality guys on the board sold his last fall, he was from Toelle? < two ill a.

Tooele, Dan. Sorry, I spent 39 years there (not in Tooele, though)

dantama
03-24-2009, 08:36 AM

Here's another one for you Cactus, no googling.

How about Do Shane :)

cactusjack
03-24-2009, 09:41 AM

Duchesne. Come on, you gotta try harder than that!

dantama
03-24-2009, 12:37 PM

OK, I've got another!

Pair a goon a http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Don't cheat and get out the map...unless you concede :)

blowndodge
03-24-2009, 01:17 PM
CJ says: Paragonah

cactusjack
03-24-2009, 02:34 PM

OK, I've got another!

Pair a goon a http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Don't cheat and get out the map...unless you concede :)

Paragonah, also Parowan and Panguitch.

dantama
03-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Do you think Utah guy forgot he posted here? Look at all the fun he's missing :)

Jared
03-24-2009, 06:08 PM
yeah I did miss it....well sorta.

Waterman, That list is what I was looking for.

There's not too many Nomads in this area. Kinda surprising to me because there are a lot of bikes. The kawi dealers in the area aren't the best, this could have something to do with it. :'(

A LOT of VTX1300s though. They seem to be the local bike of choice.

dantama
03-24-2009, 06:37 PM

There's not too many Nomads in this area. Kinda surprising to me because there are a lot of bikes. The kawi dealers in the area aren't the best, this could have something to do with it. :'(

Utah, I'd avoid the dealer on the frontage road in Springville at all costs. They suck and won't stand behind their work (put my clutch together wrong and then wouldn't do anything about it because I didn't take it back to them; they put the springs and disks back in the wrong order).

I went to the dealer in American Fork. The mechanic that worked on mine was named Dan, but he left to be a cop. He was good and treated me well. Even though it's a tiny dealer, they did me well all the time.

For example, they let me buy tires online and have them shipped to them, then I'd come in for installation. They would go to bat for me and push for warranty work that at first would be denied, such as the drive shaft boot cracking with age.

They were small be honest and not arrogant.

cactusjack
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM

Wolfman, the previously mentioned former member from Tooele had nothing good to say about Plaza Cycle on 3500 South in WVC. He picked up his new Nomad and they hadn't even put any gas in it. He made it a mile or so and it crapped out on him. He didn't have enough gas to make it to a gas station.

I know there's a lot of bikes in Utah. I saw a lot of them when I rode up there last summer. I was sort of surprised.
There's a lot of nice places to ride up there. I rode up to Guardsman Pass, between Park City and Brighton, then I went over to US 40 and rode up to Strawberry Reservoir, my old fishing hole.

Jared
03-25-2009, 12:02 AM
The two dealership in Ut Valley are white knuckle (nice looking dealership, but not the smartest guys around) and Duff Shellies (He sells mostly lawn mower equipment and is a tiny shop) ::)

Sad to say, but Kawi doesn't have much of a name out here at all. Honda dominates the cruiser market. Second to Harley. BTW The new Harley shop in Lindon is AWESOME. They made it out of scraps of Geneva Steel. Sounds kinda weird, but they polled it off and it's a cool place to see

rlfaubion
03-25-2009, 06:15 AM
I'm from "Knee Ole La"....

Check this out fellers.......

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s31/rlfaubion/Miscellaneous/Utah%20Friends/th_TributetoUtah.jpg (http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s31/rlfaubion/Miscellaneous/Utah%20Friends/?action=view&current=TributetoUtah.flv)

rlfaubion
03-25-2009, 06:39 AM
One more thing Utah, the Knucklehead in my sig line is from Orem. Originally built by Lance in Orem... He worked for Geneva Steel for years. He's still there I think but long in the tooth.

ells
03-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Utah is a great place to put some miles on a bike, especially if you like cruising the wide-open and sometimes spectacular spaces. Good place for Nomad reliability too!

dantama
03-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Valdez, way to find a clip right on topic! It was one hot wife away from being really good :)

Jared
03-25-2009, 09:08 AM
I love the video! I e-mailed it to a few friends. LOL

dantama
03-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Utah guy, I'm in Orem right now as I type :)

I'll be here a few days, not much of a riding day today though is it :(

Jared
03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
LOL... No the weather's pretty nasty. What are you doing here?

dantama
03-26-2009, 03:25 PM
LOL... No the weather's pretty nasty. What are you doing here?

I've got a brother that lives here.

I decided that while flights were $39 I'd pop over and see him for a few days.

Can't complain about the snow here though, my desktop weather that is set for Denver says that it's 17 degrees and light snow right now.

waterman
03-26-2009, 03:43 PM
[quote="Utah Motorcyclist":x30rfujd]LOL... No the weather's pretty nasty. What are you doing here?

I've got a brother that lives here.

I decided that while flights were $39 I'd pop over and see him for a few days.

Can't complain about the snow here though, my desktop weather that is set for Denver says that it's 17 degrees and light snow right now. [/quote:x30rfujd]

Light snow now, but this morning was ugly in Denver according to the news. Broomfield has 14 inches and Denver has around 8 with more to come.

ells
03-26-2009, 09:50 PM
A good 16" at my house. Two times out with the snow blower and the driveway is clear but more coming down. I think it came from Utah. :)

Jared
03-26-2009, 11:20 PM
I'll be meeting with two other kawi riders tomorrow at Marleys (Timpanogos Harley resturant, in Lindon) for lunch. If your not doing anything at 1:00, you ought to come have lunch with us.

Jared
03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
If you do come, look for a black and green Kawi hat.

dantama
03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
If I can get over there, I'll do it. I saw it from the freeway, it looks like quite the place.

cactusjack
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Is that Marley's place by the Cabela's, or is Cabela's further north?

Jared
03-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Is that Marley's place by the Cabela's, or is Cabela's further north?

Cabela's is further north, in Lehi. Marley's is a little restaurant that is attached to the Harley dealership in Lindon.

Jared
03-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Nice to meet you today, Dan.

dantama
03-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Good to meet you too. We have a hardcore Nomad rider here, he's already planning an Iron Butt ride :)

rlfaubion
03-28-2009, 12:43 AM
You guys know there's a party on July 4th in Monarch Utah don't ya?

Jared
03-28-2009, 12:51 AM
You guys know there's a party on July 4th in Monarch Utah don't ya?

Tell me more. I hadn't heard anything about it. I'm assuming that it's a MC party of some sort.

rayk
04-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm across the lake from Orem, in Saratoga Springs. Just bought a 99 Nomad. I rode it a week ago Sat, and nearly froze my nuggets off on my way to work. I think it was one of the only days we have had without snow or rain, and freezing temps. Am really looking forward to some good weather. I want to take a ride to Cali, my son lives in Stockton.

Been in Utah about 2 years. Love the scenery, hatin the snow. I've been to Duff's Kaw in Am fork. Really small. Also been to Plaza cycles in WVC. They quoted me 150.00 Labor, and 50.00 for the part to R&R the plastic oil gear. I've been in there a couple of times, and I don't get the warm and fuzzies. RE service, Parts, and Sales.

Let hook up when the weather permits, Love ridin up provo cyn, thru heber, past jordanelle, up in to Kamas. then up and over the Mirror lake Hwy. Awseome ride.

rlfaubion
04-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Nice bike Rayk

Jared
04-07-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm across the lake from Orem, in Saratoga Springs. Just bought a 99 Nomad. I rode it a week ago Sat, and nearly froze my nuggets off on my way to work. I think it was one of the only days we have had without snow or rain, and freezing temps. Am really looking forward to some good weather. I want to take a ride to Cali, my son lives in Stockton.

Been in Utah about 2 years. Love the scenery, hatin the snow. I've been to Duff's Kaw in Am fork. Really small. Also been to Plaza cycles in WVC. They quoted me 150.00 Labor, and 50.00 for the part to R&R the plastic oil gear. I've been in there a couple of times, and I don't get the warm and fuzzies. RE service, Parts, and Sales.

Let hook up when the weather permits, Love ridin up provo cyn, thru heber, past jordanelle, up in to Kamas. then up and over the Mirror lake Hwy. Awseome ride.

If your up on facebook you ought to seach and join "utah motorcyclists". It's a utah mc group that I started. I now has 160+ local bikers. We are planning some great rides for this summer.

Yesterday we met up for a ride around the Lake and to my surprise there were 3 Nomads. :)

cactusjack
04-07-2009, 02:20 PM

Back when I lived in Utah I used to go catfishing around Saratoga Springs before they built homes there.

I don't mean to be rude, but isn't it kind of smelly around there? Maybe they've cleaned the lake up some? I haven't been over there since the late 90's.

Jared
04-08-2009, 02:19 PM
They must have cleaned it up some. I just rode through that area on Monday and I didn't notice any smell.

rlfaubion
04-08-2009, 11:54 PM
How rude!

rayk
04-25-2009, 08:04 AM
I was told after we moved to Saratoga that the lake was supposed to be pretty contaminated. (I don't plan on swimmin in it ), and I've never smelled anything. That is except for all the run over critters, and alot of them are skunks.

All I know is if I look out my front door, I see across the lake, and beyond that right @ the snow covered Rockies. It's the largest fresh water lake in Utah. 145 sq miles. the views are awesome.

I have not joined facebook. I'll check it out, need to get together with you guys and tear up some hwy!

cactusjack
04-25-2009, 09:00 AM
I was told after we moved to Saratoga that the lake was supposed to be pretty contaminated. (I don't plan on swimmin in it ), and I've never smelled anything. That is except for all the run over critters, and alot of them are skunks.

All I know is if I look out my front door, I see across the lake, and beyond that right @ the snow covered Rockies. It's the largest fresh water lake in Utah. 145 sq miles. the views are awesome.

I have not joined facebook. I'll check it out, need to get together with you guys and tear up some hwy!

I remember when we first bought our boat, back in 1997 I got it home and we spent a couple of days getting it ready. We decided to take it to Utah Lake for its maiden voyage, because it was the closest body of water to West Jordan, where we lived. So we launched it and spent the afternoon zooming around the lake. The deepest part of the lake is only like 12 feet.

Jared
04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
That is very true. I had a body back in High School that had a huge truck. We would often go tubing/knee boarding behind it. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

You could drive 2 hundred yards into the lake and still only be 2 or 3 feet deep.

rayk
04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Northern Utah,
Gotta love it. rode to work yesterday up in Salt Lake. Got a couple raindrops on me, but nothing big. But after work on the way home steady downpour all the way home. Took surface streets,and made it just fine. But boy does my bike need a bath, and thank god for leather. Kept me dry. I didn't feel the cold till I was close to home. My fingertips were gettin numb. It's supposed to snow again this afternoon. Really gettin tired of this. I need sunshine NOW!

dennisbailey
04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Well guys don't forget Southern Utah where you can ride year around. St. George is home for me. We have a dealer in Washington which is the city next door to St. George and actually where I live. They have treated my really well and the service is great. As far as some of the cities that you mentioned, I have rode through them all. Have any of you riden through Virgin Utah? If you have ridden to or through Zion National Park you have ridden through Virgin. Hurricane Utah has a "Virgin Recycling Center" (waste water treatment plant). Any time any of you get down this way give me a yell and I'll meet you for a cool one "Diet Coke".

rayk
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Howdy Dennis,
I have ridden thru Zion, and Canyonlands, and Arches. I also have ridden thru Mesa Verde Natl park, Monument Valley. And the south rim of the Grand Canyon. did all that in 1 trip. was the 1 of the most awesome riding adventures I have been on. Have seen some beautiful sites ridin 2up.

dantama
04-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Well guys don't forget Southern Utah where you can ride year around. St. George is home for me. We have a dealer in Washington which is the city next door to St. George and actually where I live. They have treated my really well and the service is great. As far as some of the cities that you mentioned, I have rode through them all. Have any of you riden through Virgin Utah? If you have ridden to or through Zion National Park you have ridden through Virgin. Hurricane Utah has a "Virgin Recycling Center" (waste water treatment plant). Any time any of you get down this way give me a yell and I'll meet you for a cool one "Diet Coke".

Dennis, did you see about 20 Nomads come through Virgin last summer when we had a rally down that way. Rode ride through virgin (didn't know they were recycling virgins there though :) )

Jared
04-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I'd love to live in southern Utah from about November to May.

cactusjack
04-28-2009, 02:27 PM
We held the Western Regional Rally in Mesquite, NV last June. The highlight was a ride through Zion National Park. There were 19 Nomads and 1 Harley. After the rally, I rode up to Salt Lake for a few days (I lived there until 1999) and then I rode back to Phoenix through Price, Moab and Monument Valley.

Blowndodge and I will meet up in Beaver on our way to Custer, and we will be spending the night in Hurricane on our way back from Custer.

Jared
05-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I don't believe that I'm going to be able to make it to Custer, but maybe I'll hope up on I15 and ride with you all for a while.

donheidel
05-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Lehi utah, Yes there are Nomad riders in Utah. I own a 07 and I ride with two others that own Nomads. Are you going to the national rally? we are planning on leaving early Monday the 15th if you want to ride along.